FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki coco joes
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
coco joes
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-21 3:25 pm   Permalink

Wow. The letter holder rocks. I've never seen anything like that before! Bigbro-- you never cease to amaze!
Thanks for sharing!

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-22 03:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-21 13:38, bigbrotiki wrote:

This manly 1975 HIP pen holder is a nice sculpt:

Companion piece of the warrior

. another of my favorite CoCo Joe's items, the Tiki Pipetray:

Another CCJ pipeholder

Also a nice concept, with good detail, is this Tiki village letter holder (with no company ID markings):

Aloha, Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-02 12:22 pm   Permalink

New additions to the family...the Lovestick is my new favourite piece - can't wait to wear that bad boy out!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-03 7:45 pm   Permalink

Nice. Freddie, Mahalo for the companion pieces. Da Wahine is naaaice! Judging by what I have seen over these years, wouldn't you say that HIP was a little more liberal than CCJ with the nudity of their Wahines?

As a thank you, here are two pages from an early 70s CCJ catalog (!):

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2007-01-03 20:31 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tedtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-03 8:20 pm   Permalink

Those are friggin awesome.

I love the lovestick.

Sven, is that and ad for coco joes?

View Profile of tedtiki Send a personal message to tedtiki  Email tedtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-03 8:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-03 20:20, tedtiki wrote:
Sven, is that and ad for coco joes?

Sorry, must have deleted the word catalogue when I corrected it to catalog..!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 02:12 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2007-01-03 19:45, bigbrotiki wrote:
Judging by what I have seen over these years, wouldn't you say that HIP was a little more liberal than CCJ with the nudity of their Wahines?
---------------------------------------------------------------
A lot more liberal, CCJ was even polnipplely correct for the guys

Alii Gold master #87 Tahitian Man -the heart pounding beat on the drum sets the tempo for his dancer to begin her vibrating exotic dance. 12" high

Mahalo for the Vintage Coco Joe eye candy!! HOUSE OF KU (FREDDIE)

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-04 02:37 am   Permalink

I love this thread...there's something about this stuff that makes me want more...and more! I gotta sell some more carvings to get more lava!
Anyone got this creepy looking fella that was pictured in the other thread about the factory (maybe a good idea to merge it into this one?)....I'm looking at you Freddie! The PNG inspired "gator mask" is pretty sweet too.

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-05 01:40 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2007-01-04 02:37, Paipo wrote:
Anyone got this creepy looking fella ...I'm looking at you Freddie! Ask and you shall recieve Paipo!!

Catalog view

Actual Hawaiian Aumakua

Aloha, HOUSE OF KU

Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-05 01:43 am   Permalink

That's really cool, thanks for sharing the comparison with the artifact it's based on, it makes it ten times more interesting. It's a pretty faithful rendition.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-08 7:29 pm   Permalink

Here's one for the CCJSI files:

Found this HIP:

But when I picked it up, I thought it was a cocojoes. I didn't even read the tag or look at the bottom, I was happy just to get it.
The reason I thought it was a CCJ was because it had this tag on the back:

I threw it up on the shelf and forgot about it. I moved it and looked at the bottom for the first time, and saw it was a hip. I quickly thought back to the early posts about the double marked ones.
looking at the tag closer, I noticed the CCJ's tag was originally longer than the HIP piece it was now on. Someone cut the bottom of the tag off with scissors, and quite raggedly at that. It is also glued on with a different glue and you can see around the top edge where it was originally placed askew and then corrected, without wiping up the glue.

Having never read the tag(oops! Guess I was busy back then) it never registered that this statue wasn't kanaloa. The stock # is close to this Cocojoes Kanaloa

but the wording on the tag is different from the one on the hybrid

What the ???????????????????????

Alright detectives, I just got off the phone with the mayor, and he wants a full report on my desk tomorrow morning. From now on , this is your only case. Now get to work, and be careful out there...

CocoJoe's Scientific Investitigations Shift Commander Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-10 05:14 am   Permalink

Howzit Buzzy! CCJ had a couple more Kanaloa figures
Sorry, I don't have info tags to compare with the tag on the HIP Tiki...

Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-10 10:22 am   Permalink

Hey Freddie, Thanks for checking! The mayor just promoted you to lead detective...

Here are the Kanaloas that I've come across:

Also, I picked up this pendant a couple weeks back:

I was wondering what the dates signify(Astrological signs-I'm Guessing)

I saw another on ebay a while back:

The back had a different dates on it.
They look like Aries and....?(not up on astrology)

Was there a whole 12 month set of these?

Any bit of info is twice as much as I already know...

Have a great day out there,

Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-10 10:52 am   Permalink

Welehu (the archer) is Sagittarius, and those are the proper dates. Mahoe Hope (the scales) is Libra, the dates on the back were probably Sept 23 - Oct 22.

More info about Hawaiian Zodiac symbols can be found
here.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-10 11:00 am   Permalink

Hey everybody, first I wanted to say thanks for posting some cool pix on this thread and the other recent one. I've been too busy lately to take an active part in TC, but as a CJs fan I was digging these threads.

BPBuzzy - those pendants are indeed part of a full astrological set. I have 11 out of 12, that I was gonna post pics of some day. As I recall, only two have tikis, including one of the ones you posted. The other one is Leo / "Hilinaehu".

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation