FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Fry's Electronics, Manhattan Beach, CA (store)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Fry's Electronics, Manhattan Beach, CA (store)
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2005-12-31 12:47 am   Permalink

Name:Fry's Electronics
Type:store
Street:3600 Sepulveda Boulevard
City:Manhattan Beach
State:CA
Zip:90266
Phone:(310) 364-3797

Description:
Fry's Tahitian-themed Electronics Store with lots of tikis.

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy

Posted: 2005-12-31 01:12 am   Permalink

Here are some pics I took earlier this year of the interior of the Manhattan Beach Fry's:

Tiki posed in front of the windows overlooking the interior courtyard

Another tiki within the courtyard itself

Kiribati Islander suit of armor & weapons

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-31 01:30 am   Permalink

Thanks so much for posting these! I went there once with the intention of popping in to get photos. As soon as I'd turned into the parking lot, I knew I'd made a mistake -- the cars in the lot were bumper-to-bumper, and it took a looooooooooooong time just to get out of the lot again.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy

Posted: 2005-12-31 01:44 am   Permalink

Yes. The lot is a nightmare! Made for a bank or a restaurant, but NOT a crowded electronics store. Park on a nearby street if you can.

Sabu

cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-31 03:24 am   Permalink

Fry's has got to be the most bizarre retail experience I have ever encountered. Has anyone here ever worked there?

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-31 06:40 am   Permalink

Ooof.

You people are up late!

Great pix Sabu!

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikipedia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-12-31 1:58 pm   Permalink

Most Frys' stores has its own unique theme. Here is a list of the themes, per store:

http://www.frys.com/hisframe.html

Do you suppose they sell Trader Vic Mai Tai mix next to the motherboards?

View Profile of tikipedia Send a personal message to tikipedia  Goto the website of tikipedia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-04-24 9:23 pm   Permalink

More Fry's pictures!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-25 08:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-12-31 13:58, tikipedia wrote:
Most Frys' stores has its own unique theme.

Well if that's true then the theme for the San Diego store must be crowded industrial warehouse chic.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-25 10:00 am   Permalink

Man, I really wish that they would open up that Tiki Garden in the middle of the store so that people can sit out there and hangout. It's so cool...Evreytime I go there, I look through the windows, and wish I could go out there.

I Love this Frye's.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-04-25 10:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-25 10:00, tikiyaki wrote:
Man, I really wish that they would open up that Tiki Garden in the middle of the store so that people can sit out there and hangout. It's so cool...Evreytime I go there, I look through the windows, and wish I could go out there.

I Love this Frye's.

The door was open yesterday and they've got benches out there. You need to buy some blank CD's and huge bag of Beef Jerky soon so you can go check it out.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-25 12:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-25 10:28, Bora Boris wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-04-25 10:00, tikiyaki wrote:

I Love this Frye's.

The door was open yesterday and they've got benches out there. You need to buy some blank CD's and huge bag of Beef Jerky soon so you can go check it out.

REEEEAAAALLLYYYYY...Cool.....I need to boogie on down there.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-19 6:48 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2009-05-19 9:36 pm   Permalink

Great Pictures,I like the sepia color, and too think this is at a Fry's Electronics store....
Maybe Fry's will start serving mai tai's out on the lanai?? Looks better than a few "Tiki" bars I've seen...
Mahaloz...

TikiPop On Instagram

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-05-20 08:50 am   Permalink

Does anyone know who carved those tikis ? They're very old school looking, and I like the fact that they're unfinished and worn looking. Also, no giant teeth...a good thing always in my book.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation