FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Fry's Electronics, Manhattan Beach, CA (store)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Fry's Electronics, Manhattan Beach, CA (store)
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-20 11:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-20 08:50, tikiyaki wrote:
Does anyone know who carved those tikis ? They're very old school looking, and I like the fact that they're unfinished and worn looking. Also, no giant teeth...a good thing always in my book.

As far as I know, the theme-ing of all the Fry's stores was provided by the talented model makers at I.L.M. up in Marin County.

It is too bad that nobody was able to take pictures of the Volcano Island with its villages and running Banana Train while it was still in good condition in the late 90s. Its detail, with its villages and huts and natives, eclipsed any Tiki Bar diorama ever built. Only Hai Kai came close, later, with his cabinet of wonders made for last year's Hukilau.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-20 12:22 pm   Permalink

...from a couple of days ago.

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-20 12:36 pm   Permalink

OK, thanks Joe. Now you just need me to light it properly.

A nice big soft box right over the top of it would help a lot. And then some individual sun spots, with half CTO. ...and a good dusting!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-20 1:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-05-20 12:36, bigbrotiki wrote:
OK, thanks Joe. Now you just need me to light it properly.

A nice big soft box right over the top of it would help a lot. And then some individual sun spots, with half CTO. ...and a good dusting!

Now we're talkin'!

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation