FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Rare One-of-a-kine Moai carving!!! new buggah added 2/28 spark it!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
Rare One-of-a-kine Moai carving!!! new buggah added 2/28 spark it!
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-15 10:59 am   Permalink

The bone zen master has returned! Your bone carvings make us all look like chumps, braddah! It's good to have you back. The "D" word is the hardest thing I have ever been through in my life. You had a faster bounce than I did by a longshot. I didn't touch my art for two years! You have a true creative knack that meets a true talent in the middle..the real thing.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-15 11:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-15 10:10, pdrake wrote:
i'm glad you're back. i want to learn more about the kaula. do you have any source to learn the plaits? can you explain the braiding method?

mahalo!

kaha ki'i, your stuff is amazing, I was sorry when I hadn't seem your posting in such a long time, but, glad your back!!! Can't wait to see the new stuff

Perry, great idea! could someone teach us the basic braiding methods? it would be such a help, thanks

Amy

[ This Message was edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2006-12-15 11:07 ]

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kaha ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-15 5:46 pm   Permalink

HOOOWWWZIT!
Pdrake- hey brah! Thanks for checking out da kine address brah! And, Ill definitely post a thread on how I make the kaula. Its similar to the maori style corage but a bit mo bettah (in my opinion). After I get settled in Ill let the posts fly! Look forward to da kine and things li'dat...

Clarita- Such Kind words...Mahalo nui loa sistah! Please check back as ll be posting new works soon (maybe weeks, but soon!)

BK- Hey cuz... Big Mahalo'z brah!!! But, Im still wiating for the stiches to take so my wounds wont break open again!!! But Im doing way mo bettah brah, especially now! I thank you so much for your thoughts & prayers brah! A hui Ho!

Queen- Mahalo for the warm welcome back!!! I will definitely posts some threads about the kaula (although not a braid!) and how I make da kine! I figure my secrets are safe with all of you folks. You are Ohana, are you not!!!! I can trust you buggah's to not sell my secrets to Ronco so Ron Popeil can make da kine Plaiting machine... "Only $19.95!!!! But wait, theres more... If you buy now we'll throw in this handy traveling lint roller, a $10.00 value for free...!!!" Shootz!

Mahalo again everyone, for everything!

View Profile of kaha ki'i Send a personal message to kaha ki'i  Email kaha ki'i Goto the website of kaha ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
flynny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-15 11:16 pm   Permalink

kaha ki'i, welcome back, your stuff has been sadly missed, it was a great inspiration to me, I tried to contact you to buy one or two of your pieces, when I failed, I started to carve some stuff myself even one or two makau.
I offered to supply 'B' with one of my pieces free, glad I didn't now cos there nothing like the quality you make. Anyway glad youv'e put it all behind you.
I too am looking forward to an article on how to plait a kaula.
Great to see you back
Regards
Flynny

View Profile of flynny Send a personal message to flynny  Email flynny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 01:25 am   Permalink

Just checking back to see the happenings & see that you are getting the warm welcome back. Dontcha wish you'd been back earlier?

*Put me down for the braiding lessons too! Ive just been back through all the makau/matau you have posted in the past & am envious of those lashings man!

We're waiting... Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 04:43 am   Permalink

Damn....I needa good lint roller....

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 05:08 am   Permalink

Put me doun for a double dose of braiding lessons since it takes me twice as long to learn anything new. Looks like you are gonna have a full class. Now aren'tcha Glad you came back so soon?
Still Happy to have you back!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-12-16 10:25 am   Permalink

braiding by Kaha I can just see it now... "now, you put this happy little rope over this other happy little rope and snug it down ever so gently....there. That's nice" Count me in to bro!

Welcome back! I'm looking forward to what you got to show us!

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac 2006-12-16 10:26 ]

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 3:24 pm   Permalink

Welcome Back! It's good to see your posts again. I go away on business for a few days and something big happens. Yeah!

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-16 5:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-12-15 17:46, kaha ki'i wrote:
Queen- Mahalo for the warm welcome back!!! I will definitely posts some threads about the kaula (although not a braid!) and how I make da kine! I figure my secrets are safe with all of you folks. You are Ohana, are you not!!!! I can trust you buggah's to not sell my secrets to Ronco so Ron Popeil can make da kine Plaiting machine... "Only $19.95!!!! But wait, theres more... If you buy now we'll throw in this handy traveling lint roller, a $10.00 value for free...!!!" Shootz!

Kaha, your secrets are safe with all of us. Although you have to give credit to Ron Popeil for all the wacky items, especially the hair paint...remember that..lol, he is so beneath this. We are all eager to learn, so please do teach us.... welcome back, this is great!!!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation