FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Where to purchase- fake leaf float for gardenias ala Trader Vic's scorpion bowl
Where to purchase- fake leaf float for gardenias ala Trader Vic's scorpion bowl
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-02 12:22 pm   Permalink

header says it all, i am looking where to buy them. i have been using the ones from trader vics that you get when you drink a bowl, but i want to get a stack for all my bowls.
Thanks,
TT

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-01-03 10:07 am   Permalink

We're using real leaves at the SF location now- they are supplied by the florist that brings our gardenias. Don't know where to get the plastic ones I'm afraid.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-03 10:50 am   Permalink

again, check out your local craft store chains...they usually carry all manner of plastic flowers and plants that bored housewives use to decorate all manner of crap to pass the time......

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-03 11:52 am   Permalink

Martiki,
Thanks for the heads up. I have looked online and at Micheals craft stores to no avail. This morning in one of numerous phrasings on a google search I found mention of the silk floats on a florists site, but they are only sold with the flowers.
I currently have a large selection of roses i float in bowl drinks, and am planting gardenias for the same purpose. I will keep searching and contact a florist to try and dig them up, because I imagine that TC members who take pride in mixology and presentation might be interested in where to buy these.
Thanks
TT

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-04 09:16 am   Permalink

I called the Emeryville Trader and they were kind enough to share that they get the fake float base from the florist as well. I bipass my local Vic's, Beverly Hills, if I actually want to find out stuff like this. So, simple answer, I am going to hit up some local florists and try to get 20 or so.
TT

dogbytes

Posted: 2008-07-14 1:02 pm   Permalink

i couldn't find a fresh gardenia for our batch of Scorpions

the restaurant we went to, does not have a liquor license, so we got a Banquet Permit ($10)so we could serve drinks!

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-14 1:09 pm   Permalink

I missed this thread the first time around. This is info I was wanting as my Gardenia is about to explode with blooms and I always loved the Rum Giggle with a Gardenia floating in it at TV.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traitor Vic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-15 02:37 am   Permalink

Same here, Swanky! I say... Poo on Plastic! Just get it while the gettin' is good!

View Profile of Traitor Vic Send a personal message to Traitor Vic  Email Traitor Vic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-19 06:54 am   Permalink

Good topic. My local Meijer's supermarket carries edible flowers in the refrigerated section of the produce aisle. All pre packaged with stems removed and cleaned. They have purple orchids, perfect size and color for my Mai Tais. About two dollars a package, eight to a package. Even easier to find than the fake flowers, in my area anyway. Thanks.

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2008-07-19 06:55 ]

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation