FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana goodbye my little angel (a poem to Bella 1-24-06)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
goodbye my little angel (a poem to Bella 1-24-06)
adrift

Posted: 2006-01-05 10:41 am   Permalink

To all of you MAHALO.
It means so much to read your support, and know that it helps feel less alone.

I thought you may want to read the obit that was in our paper today.

Again thank you all,
Kelly

http://www.postcrescent.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060105/APC010301/601050541/1007

And again to Hanford thank you for allowing me to share my grief and let those offer comfort to me and my family.

[ This Message was edited by: adrift 2006-01-05 10:42 ]

View Profile of adrift Send a personal message to adrift  Email adrift     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-05 10:54 am   Permalink

So sorry to hear of your loss.

Our thoughts are with you and your family.

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-05 12:56 pm   Permalink

Kelley , please let us know when the memorial fund is set up.
I am sure many TC'ers and FOMmers would like to make a donation in memory of Izabella.
Hang in there, kahuna.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-05 1:28 pm   Permalink

I am so sad to hear about your recent loss. Our hearts and prayers go out to you. Stay strong!

Jeff and Deb

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-01-05 5:39 pm   Permalink

Kelly;

My thoughts and best wishes of support go to you and your family. I was saddened to receive the news of Izabella, especially so early in the year.

Oddly enough, I was in Wisconsin Rapids visiting family this week, and I actually was thinking about you this past Tuesday afternoon - mainly because I was buying hard-to-find rums at the only decent liquor store in town - a place named Kelly's Liquor.

It does seem sad, when there seems so little that we can do. It may not be much, but I can offer to raise a silent toast, with whatever special thoughts a Wisconsin/tiki connection may provide, in the memory of Izabella.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-05 6:01 pm   Permalink

My wife and I are sitting here reading this and nearly in tears. Our hope is that you and your family find some comfort in this outpouring of support and prayers from those on TC. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-06 01:46 am   Permalink

Kelly, I'm so sorry for your loss. Nothing-but-nothing gets to my crusty old heart like a sweet little girl!! I regret terribly that I never had the privilege of meeting your dear Izabella. I know that grief can be very isolating, somehow. So I'm glad you chose to post and open yourself up to all the sympathy and support here. May it embrace you, and your wife and surviving children as well. My heartfelt sympathy to you, friend, and take care,
tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
adrift

Posted: 2006-01-07 12:15 pm   Permalink

Aloha and Mahalo to all of you for your words and thoughts. The funeral was last night and we feel completely drained. The burial is on Monday yet.

We finally got the final word from the pathologist that the test they did was positive for R.S.V. Which is a respitory virus. This is the cause of her death, and us being with out her in our lives. It comes down to her having a really bad cold. As a parent who lost their child to this I encourage all parents to make yourseleves aware of R.S.V. If you take your child in for a cold you have to request to have your kids be tested for it. As it was for my Bella it is deadly and it can take your child very quickly.

Again to all of you, MAHALO.

Kelly

My wife Angela has set up a memorial fund, if this is something you wish to be a part of, I know my Angie would be greatly apprecitive.

The Izabella Retzlaff Memorial Fund
1125 E. Calumet St.
Appleton,WI 54915

View Profile of adrift Send a personal message to adrift  Email adrift     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-08 1:37 pm   Permalink

Heartbreaking news, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts go out to you and your family Kelly.

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-08 11:17 pm   Permalink

Kelly,

You and your family are in our thoughts. Julie and I are truly sad to hear of the news. our deepest sympathies are with you and your family. Sorry for being so short in this message, words fail to how we truly feel about this.

[ This Message was edited by: Unkle John 2006-01-10 10:02 ]

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-09 12:10 pm   Permalink

I spoke with Kelly today. He is with out the net right now but wanted everyone to know that he and his family appreciate the kindness and well wishes you have all posted.

[ This Message was edited by: rodeotiki 2006-01-10 12:20 ]

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-10 12:19 pm   Permalink

Kelly,
Only all the positive harmony to you on this difficult time.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bamboo Dude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-10 5:44 pm   Permalink

Kelly,
There are no words I can give to ease your pain, for I would gladly give them. I am so sorry that I didn't hear of this sooner, but please know that this news has left me with a sad, sad heart. As a father of three girls, I know the special place Izabella had in your big heart. I wish I could help shoulder some of the pain for ya, big guy. Be strong for your family my friend. I wish you nothing but positive energy during this difficult time. May peace come to you soon.

BD

View Profile of Bamboo Dude Send a personal message to Bamboo Dude      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-10 6:06 pm   Permalink

Kelly and family,
I just came across this post...
you are in our thoughts. I am deeply sorry to hear of your loss.
Cass

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-10 6:25 pm   Permalink

i am so sorry to read of your terrible loss. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your ohana. bullet

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation