FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Bali-Hai Motel, Yakima, WA (motel)
Bali-Hai Motel, Yakima, WA (motel)
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-04 12:30 pm   Permalink

Name:Bali-Hai Motel
Type:motel
Street:710 N 1st St
City:Yakima
State:WA
Zip:98901
Phone:509-452-7178

Description:
Older single level \"court\" style motel.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-04 12:40 pm   Permalink

I found this motel a couple years ago when looking over Yakima for anything Tiki. As it turned out the only thing Tiki in Yakima seemed to be the Bali-Hai Motel, and the only thing outwardly Tiki about the Bali-Hai was it's very cool neon sign . The postage stamp sized lobby had some remnants of former low key Tiki decor. The then manager was very friendly, and gave me one of the reproduction postcards he had on hand of the Bali-Hai in it's early days.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-04 12:43 pm   Permalink

That's a great sign! Do you have any way to post the postcard?

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-04 12:57 pm   Permalink

Someday...But it's not as interesting as the above link to Seth Gaine's photo of the sign.

(PS: After seeing your post on the amzing
Safari Restaurant sign I was looking up info and came across the Bali-Hai photo.)

tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-10 7:06 pm   Permalink

Woofmutt is on the ball.

I have included this place in TRT 2, and was bummed that the photos I have of the lovely colorful sign would not be reproduced in color. Thought I'd post the color version here, and viola - I find that the 'mutt beat me to it.

Well - here's another pic of the place, in color, and look for the b/w version in TRT 2 this spring...

http://www.tydirium.net
Big Stone Head / Tiki Road Trip / Left Orbit Temple

[ This Message was edited by: tikibars 2007-01-10 19:09 ]

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-11 7:01 pm   Permalink

Wow...seems a little pricey (if I am reading the sign right) $2700/person/week with discount? The sign is fabulous in neon.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-11 7:45 pm   Permalink

its Yakima for heaven's sake.. $27 / night. thats just a little over a dollar an hour! wonder if they DO rent hourly.. woof?

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation