FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Anyone have info on a new "TahitianResort" in Vegas
Anyone have info on a new "TahitianResort" in Vegas
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-06 07:12 am   Permalink

I saw part of a commercial offering a free stay at the Tahitian Resort in Las Vegas. It looks like the typical Island get-away I think. I Know I wasn't dreaming, I think.
Anyone?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-06 08:57 am   Permalink

I drove past it in Vegas. It slightly off the strip on the east side, either tropicana or hacendia....I'm not totally sure, as its not my hood and I'm doing my best to remember at 9:00am...lol

Anyways, the front of the building is cool, but not screech your car over to the side of the road, double park and run in an buy a time-share cool.

I'll be there in a few weeks. Maybe I stagger around until I find it and go look at it again.

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pacific Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-06 10:27 am   Permalink

I think its a time share deal. They where heavily promoting it on the streets in Vegas. A lot of hand bills and a guy in a Tiki Hut with photos.

View Profile of Pacific Andy Send a personal message to Pacific Andy  Email Pacific Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-06 1:22 pm   Permalink

Sundays there's waffles with the concierge and a wine & cheese party in the lobby...And Wednesday is George Wallace meet & greet night...Yes, truly the South Pacific has come to Las Vegas...

Behold The Bland Exotica That Is Tahiti!

"TAHITI brings a true South Pacific theme to Las Vegas, complete with a thatch Porte Cochere, tropical pool cabanas, tropical landscaping, a putting green and two sand beach swimming pools. With the vast array of amenities you're sure to feel like you're relaxing in the tropics with the excitement of Las Vegas year after year."

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-06 2:12 pm   Permalink

I guess they must be pushing it pretty hard. They were offering a 2 nites free stay to come and be "Sold" on the place. No Tikis??

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KaptainKuku
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-09 12:44 am   Permalink

No, that one is the Tahiti, which is WAAAYYY off the Strip.

I think the one they were talking about is the TAHITI VILLAGE, which is not built yet, but looks like it will be on the Strip, on the east side, south of the Tropicana. That's right next to the airport, with jets flying right over your timeshare, if you didn't realize it.

The rendering on the website looks nice though, it's a 27 acre complex with multiple buildings, swimming pools, etc.

View Profile of KaptainKuku Send a personal message to KaptainKuku      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-01-09 08:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-09 00:44, KaptainKuku wrote:
No, that one is the Tahiti, which is WAAAYYY off the Strip.

I think the one they were talking about is the TAHITI VILLAGE, which is not built yet, but looks like it will be on the Strip, on the east side, south of the Tropicana. That's right next to the airport, with jets flying right over your timeshare, if you didn't realize it.

The rendering on the website looks nice though, it's a 27 acre complex with multiple buildings, swimming pools, etc.

that existing one is way off strip on tropicana, by rainbow. the new one is related, and although is on las vegas blvd. it is way out by the outlet malls. both are time shares, and I have looked for tikis at the existing one.....not a one in sight.

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-09 09:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-06 13:22, woofmutt wrote:
Behold The Bland Exotica That Is Tahiti!

LOL!

http://vacationtimesharerentals.com/UploadT/Tahiti-Village-1.jpg

As my friend Rob would say...obviously they're going more "Fantasy Island" than "Gilligan's Island"!

I just wish the Trop would restore it's giant Moai on the corner of Tropicana and LV Blvd and leave the poor caged tigers to Siegfried & Roy.

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2006-01-09 09:55 ]

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-09 6:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

[i]On 2006-01-09 09:52, hodadhank wrote:

I just wish the Trop would restore it's giant Moai on the corner of Tropicana and LV Blvd and leave the poor caged tigers to Siegfried & Roy.

Me, too.

The moai would provide a dramatic facade, something the Tropicana lacks, and make it stand up to the Luxor and Excaliber. All that is visible now is the driveway and the elevated pedestrian crossing bridge.

Isn't the Tropicana scheduled for demolition?

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-13 08:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-09 18:09, christiki295 wrote:

Whoa! Really? Bummer.

I stayed there long ago and loved their meandering lagoon style pool with it's waterfalls.
http://www.vegas-online.de/images1/tropicana_23.jpg

Of course it couldn't possibly compare to Wynn or Mandalay Bay nowadays. I seem to remember a cave-like grotto under the largest waterfall containing a swim-up bar. Seats were submerged just beneath the surface of the water. You may have been able to gamble without getting out of the water too, although I can't imaging where I'd have put my winnings!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-15 2:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-13 08:38, hodadhank wrote:

On 2006-01-09 18:09, christiki295 wrote:

Whoa! Really? Bummer.
[/quote]

Here is a story on the impending demolition, which has not yet been confirmed.

http://www.lasvegasvegas.com/pokerblog/archives/cat_las_vegas_news.php

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-15 10:03 pm   Permalink

heh, it's around the corner from my house. it's pretty far off strip and a timeshare/daily/weekly rent place. it's still in early construction phase. so far i'm not impressed.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-31 7:09 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the conformation Christiki295. I'm going to Vegas in a couple weeks so I'll be sure to stop by for a last look.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation