FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tikiskips guide to, Coconut lamps, Shell,Bamboo Frames, Tiki, tropical decor
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tikiskips guide to, Coconut lamps, Shell,Bamboo Frames, Tiki, tropical decor
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-07 12:27 pm   Permalink

I started collecting these a long time ago. They go great with tiki! But they are getting harder to find, plus more expensive. Please show yours.
These are from Tikiskips collection.
This one has cool starfish feet!

This is an ahstray.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2013-12-07 09:05 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-07 2:27 pm   Permalink

Here's a shot of my "mangy" coconut lamp. It ain't nothin' fancy:

And this here's my abalone shell lamp:

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-13 3:58 pm   Permalink

Hmm, I'm surprised that no one else has contributed to this post. Must be more folks with coconut lamps and shells out there than just the two of us, tikiskip. C'mon people, don't be shy!

Here's a couple of things I just picked up this afternoon:

Abalone shell dish. Perfect for holding mixed nuts and wasabe peas!

Absolutely stunning coral/abalone-shell lamp. Whoever made this didn't glue the coral on the base...it must have been the rock that the coral was attached to when the diver cut it from the reef. The light passes right through the coral and emits a beautiful glow.

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-28 07:32 am   Permalink

Here are a few more that I found.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-28 10:26 am   Permalink

Love that frame! The dude in the picture looks like a Polynesian Art Deco Chippendale's dancer...

I saw a small chest of drawers at a local antique store the other day: it was completely covered with glued-on seashells. I'm trying to convince my 12-year old daughter that she wants it for her room, but she ain't goin' for it.

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

TopTiki

Posted: 2006-01-31 3:04 pm   Permalink

Hello,
Guess what, your not the only one who digs the coconut lamp. I have seen a couple over many years they are rare. Kind of Kitch Folk Art. They remind me of the palm frond tables which were made in Florida. Do you have any history on these?
Regards, TT

View Profile of TopTiki Send a personal message to TopTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-01 1:06 pm   Permalink

I do not know much about these. Someone once told me they were sold as souvenirs long ago? I would love to see one of those tables.

MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-01 3:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I would love to see one of those tables.

I'm guessing it's something like this:

More frond furniture
here.

Weblog: Eye of the Goof

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-01 3:23 pm   Permalink

That is one cool table! And couch. Thank you for putting that up.

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-26 07:14 am   Permalink

Found this picture frame at the 20th century cincinnati show of modern design. I paid only $35.00 bucks. Dose anyone know the girls in this photo? This was taken at the mondo tiki event in las vegas.

DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-26 09:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-26 07:14, tikiskip wrote:
Found this picture frame . Dose anyone know the girls in this photo? This was taken at the mondo tiki event in las vegas

I love this topic and tikiskip what a super frame! It seems I remember reading that these gals might have dampened some of the fun for a few folks who attended the event.
Be warned you "might" feel the need to shower after reading this thread....snicker...snicker...

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-26 12:27 pm   Permalink

HA! They pissed on some guys foot! I know I'm in love now. I forgot how undressed they were. Thats probably why I'm so red in that picture. My wife took that shot. Mondo tiki was great! remeber the shag blackjack tables, Boy I'd love to have one of those!

Kaikaina
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-26 6:07 pm   Permalink

The frame is cool. but that picture is priceless. I've never seen you look happier Tikiskip...

View Profile of Kaikaina Send a personal message to Kaikaina  Email Kaikaina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kaikaina
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-03-17 07:55 am   Permalink

I knew that looked familiar... I finally figured out from where. It's very similar to a picture I saw at my friend Peter Griffin's house.

View Profile of Kaikaina Send a personal message to Kaikaina  Email Kaikaina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-07 09:13 am   Permalink

Not much added to this post in some time now.
Here's a cool shell light.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
,,,,:*MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM TIKISKIP!!*:,,,

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation