FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Wall of Tiki Farm (2008 Update - bottom of page 3)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Wall of Tiki Farm (2008 Update - bottom of page 3)
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-07 1:53 pm   Permalink

One of my favorite posts ever was fatuhiva's Wall of Tiki. I've always wanted to create one of my own. After having all of my mugs boxed up for three months while my house is being rebuilt, I finally had the time and the space to free some of them.

Here's my Wall of Tiki Farm.

I grouped most of them by artist

and by location.

I had a great time putting this together, and there's plenty of room to squeeze in more mugs.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-Kate 2008-06-01 15:16 ]

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiexpy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-07 4:09 pm   Permalink

Nice way to display your collection. What is the one on the far left case, second shelf, and the far left on the shelf? It's gray in color. Thanks in advance for the info.

View Profile of tikiexpy Send a personal message to tikiexpy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-07 4:12 pm   Permalink

That is just awesome. What a stunning look that has. Colors,designs, history and good times. I like the black shelves, it really makes the mugs jump out.

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-07 5:50 pm   Permalink

Awesome Looking Wall of tiki. You must be SO Glad to get those guys unboxed!!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTrevor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-08 1:23 pm   Permalink

Here is a picture of my Wall and table with duplicates and mugs that don't fit on my shelves. My collection got bigger than I originally expected, so now my shelves extend over my bed. I hope there's not an earthquake when I'm sleeping (but I have quakeputty on em all so hopefully they won't fall).

View Profile of TikiTrevor Send a personal message to TikiTrevor  Email TikiTrevor Goto the website of TikiTrevor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-08 1:35 pm   Permalink

awesome display, kate.

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zrrbrrt

Posted: 2006-01-09 06:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-07 16:09, tikiexpy wrote:
Nice way to display your collection. What is the one on the far left case, second shelf, and the far left on the shelf? It's gray in color. Thanks in advance for the info.

Tiki Farm's "Martin" mug. Sold out about a year ago, according to TF

View Profile of zrrbrrt Send a personal message to zrrbrrt      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
makutiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-09 2:33 pm   Permalink

Very cool collection you got! How many mugs is it? 100?

Here is what I have so far after 1,5 years of collecting. Not to much, but Im workig on it...

/makutiki

[ This Message was edited by: makutiki 2006-01-10 19:15 ]

View Profile of makutiki Send a personal message to makutiki  Goto the website of makutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
makutiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-09 2:33 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: makutiki 2006-01-09 14:36 ]

View Profile of makutiki Send a personal message to makutiki  Goto the website of makutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-09 5:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-07 16:09, tikiexpy wrote:

Yep. It's Martin. It is sold out, but I picked this one up just a few weeks ago. My first Martin lost his nose. He actually ended up inside the car that drove through my house. The firemen rescued him.

Trevor and Maku, love your walls. Thanks for sharing them.

Ben, Loki and Brook, glad you like it. I haven't done anything tiki related in several weeks. Good cure for the withdrawal.

There are currently 104 items on the wall. All of my Shag Tiki Farm mugs are in other rooms and are firmly attached to their shelves.

Can't wait till the house is done, so I can start on the vintage wall.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-09 8:12 pm   Permalink

very cool

I had limited space for my collection, and decided I couldn't house new mugs- so your wall of tikfarm is a nice complement to the 'wall of tiki' shots mentioned above.

There's getting to be alot of new mugs going around out there- alot of them out of production- and many of them very nice.. Sven's KonID mugs I couldnt resist and had to buy.

An all-encompassing collection would need alot of room!

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-10 3:38 pm   Permalink

Beautiful display. Thanks for posting the pics. You've built up quite a mug museum!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-10 4:20 pm   Permalink

Dang Kate, that some collection..great to see it all coming back together..hope all is well with you.We missed you at New Years.

View Profile of OnaTiki Send a personal message to OnaTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bete
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-15 5:48 pm   Permalink

Tiki-Kate, mukutiki and TikiTrevor, you all have very cool collections!

[ This Message was edited by: Bete 2006-01-15 18:07 ]

View Profile of Bete Send a personal message to Bete      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-22 8:34 pm   Permalink

It's been a little over a year since I put up the Wall of Tiki Farm. Holden's been so wonderful to me, so I thought I'd redo the wall. It really shows how prolific the company was in 2006. Here's to another great year at The Farm.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation