FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Behold: The Tiki of Unlimited Abundance
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Behold: The Tiki of Unlimited Abundance
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-09 08:28 am   Permalink

if your horn of plenty does not subside within four hours, seek immediate medical attention.

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-09 08:38 am   Permalink

Oh, Great Tiki of Unlimited Abundance!! At long last, a way to increase my dismal luck at thrifting!!!

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-09 08:58 am   Permalink

I am completely gobsmacked.

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-09 09:31 am   Permalink

but wait there is more.... you also get a Tiki mug (Tiki farm knock off) specially made to hold 16 oz of your favorite cyanide laced Mai Tai, a custom pair of black Tiki Nikes, and a free ride on the Hale bop Tiki comet.

Such a small price for so much Cosmic Tiki.

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Lost-Isle Trading Post
Barefoot bloggin'

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-09 10:20 am   Permalink

I knew this was a scam from the get go as I received a paper cut while trying to charge the cut out photo with my own Personal Imprint. The printing ink immediately infected the cut causing a red line to run up my arm toward my heart. I knew I had to act fast and jumped in my car to race to the hospital. Of course my car wouldn't start. I then called an ambulance but when it arrived the medic was my ex-brother in law who preceded to beat me to the ground. A neighbor then pick me up off the ground and preceded to take me but of course on the way we were side swiped by a Hummer sending us into a swampy marsh filled with the dreaded Florida gator. Anyhow to make a long story short I now have a missing leg, arm and a couple fingers, but hey I always have the 30 million to look forward to. Cross your fingers. Since I can't any more.

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-09 11:02 am   Permalink

"The activation of the 'Universal Mana' with which it is 'charged'is 100% automatic and compatible with all systems of belief, religions and traditions worldwide."

Thank God (or whatever) he had the sense to make his Mana work across all platforms! I'm so tired of incompatible Mana. Can't we just decide on a standardized Mana so we can avoid any future compatability problems?

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-01-09 11:11 am   Permalink

TOO FUNNY!! too bad it is a scam to rip people off ,though.

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-09 11:38 am   Permalink

tiki drive in Tahiti, bwahahaha. Does he knows Tahiti is not an english speaking island ???

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-09 12:16 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-06-05 17:03 ]

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-09 6:49 pm   Permalink

YES...well no...actually, nothing should happen, he would bag the money and smile, right? Why should he care about responding and divulging anything further.

So my thought was to send the fifty, and bait him with a gushing fan letter like "...and I have already felt the power of the TioUnAb when I unexpectedly came into a large inheritance after receiving it's message, how can I secure further blessings..." or something along the lines of "How can I send MORE money to you?"

Thing is, that guy is not dumb, and a scammer is hard to scam, so it might not work,
PLUS also, since I have only a power book MAC as my computer, it took me two weeks and the help of my girlfriend to figure out how to post these pages properly. And I got the letter from Tiki Tony a week later after he told me about it. So even if his 5 day return limit is mainly to coerce people to not procrastinate and forget mailing him, he most likely has flown the coop by now to not be reachable for any legal inquiries.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-09 7:14 pm   Permalink

If fifty of us each put in a dollar....

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-09 9:36 pm   Permalink

Wow that is truly bizarre! Would be great if someone could knock on their door with book in hand and say hello to investigate.

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-09 10:16 pm   Permalink

Yeah, the guy who gave this mailer to me runs a ceramic studio out of a this old ladies back house. He said that she literally gets a dozen of these scam packages a week. She's 83 years old, and quite with it, with a good sense of humor, but my friend told me she gets suckered into believing each one of them, and wants to send money to the most believable ones. I've met her, and talked to her and would never believe she could believe this flowery verbage, but he has to get to them in the mail before she does or else she'll send off a check. I think these scams prey on the old and lonely who play bingo on a bi-weekly basis. Who ever put this together certainly is gifted, and well educated. Every mention of the tiki is "the last great tiki of unlimited abundance" and not just tiki... He's branding his tiki, and by repeating this rediculous combo of words, his magic started to work on me. Reading this finely crafted package gave me more insight into story telling and marketing than a four-year college degree of either subject. As for the time limit he set, I believe its to set the urgency high for the reader, so that they get out the check book now, because he knows that when they put down the Last Great Tiki Of Unlimited Abundance reader, they will probably pick up the next scam mailer that comes the next day. Well, now I want to sculpt the exact Marquesan tiki pictured and send it to him telling him he's got a big fan! I wish we could get our Swiss agent to camp out in the post office and wait until the PO BOX on the return was opened, and interview them. I want to hire this guy to market all of my Limited Abundance Tikis!
-tOny

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-09 10:24 pm   Permalink

Sven and Humu, thanks for pointing out that oversight - wonder how I missed that before! So what's this Book of Tiki you speak of anyway?
Quote:

FWIW thought I'd juxtapose that collage page with the inside illo from the Lanai menu...

Really looks like the same illustrator, right down to the flowers and the style of lines and colors. I know the outside of the Lanai menu was done by an illustrator from San Francisco named Don Clever, but dunno if he had a hand in the inside. Maybe he did the DTB one too (?).

Anyway, back to the shock and awe of unlimited abundance! Naomi commented that this kind of scheme is quite common in Japan, usually with very well written text and testimonials. I bet it's "real", as far as these things go.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-09 10:58 pm   Permalink

Clearly, what we have here is another miracle of the TIKI of UNLIMITED ABUNDANCE:

He has shown us the way to find a link between the Lanai in San Mateo and Don The Beachcomber in Hollywood, an important find in Tiki archaeology!

Phew! I must say that after all this theorizing I am looking forward to Wednesday night's ritual, when I will, after a long dry spell, experience the Tiki TI's Unlimited Abundance! (...of tropical concoctions) Aaaah! My kind of horn of plenty.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation