FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts My Pop [PopTiki of Colorado]...(First look at our 2010 stuff: Page 14)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
My Pop [PopTiki of Colorado]...(First look at our 2010 stuff: Page 14)
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-01 1:09 pm   Permalink

Beside mugs and carving etc. sometimes other projects come up that prove to be fun as well. Here is one of those things.

Helz arrived one Saturday with this old bar that was found on Craig's list by another TCer who gave a heads up on it, and it ended up here.

This was the day it landed in it's somewhat poor condition.

Of course it needed a test drive which Helz gave it.

Some of the process:

After removing the top, during the effort.

We really didn't like the clumsy looking rail supports

We're making some headway here.

This shows the new shape for the supports.

The backside, needs some work too

Here's a detail of the finished support and rail

The cleaned up redone inside/ backside

Pretty much done except for the new feet

That's it for now, and we have been messing with some other stuff too.

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-01 2:07 pm   Permalink

Beautiful work gentlemen! I love watching you two work together and make/refurbish this killer stuff. Lucky guys.....

Nice mugs too Glad you got your Benz's safe and sound.

-G

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-18 3:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks Gents. A wonderful suprise!

I hope you make more...

-G

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-18 4:32 pm   Permalink

Oh man don't post that in here G - you know what's gonna happen now....

Seriously though, what a totally brilliant idea - the GMAN Fogcutter! I love that old-school style with the little logo tiki mounted on the side. Great work Helz/Pop/G!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-18 5:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-18 15:59, GMAN wrote:
Thanks Gents. A wonderful suprise!

I hope you make more...

-G

Yes, do make more. That's a winner!

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-18 6:38 pm   Permalink

Excellent classic looking mug design...timeless, the colors are beautiful as well!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-01 5:47 pm   Permalink

Pop and Helzer,

Can you guys post pics of the other mugs you made like this one? I sure would like to see 'em?

-G

poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-02 1:56 pm   Permalink

OK "G", just for you.

We did three mugs like the one we sent you. I also tried a chocolate brown slip that I used as a test on one other "Biter". It was also a test of one of the reactive glazes I've been wanting to try. I liked the way it came out, but, I like the first vintage looking version better. Here's the other one.

No glaze was applied to the Biter and it shows the high fired slip.

The inside was done in a clear glaze and the outside in a reactive. It has a whole different look.

Thanks again "G",
pop

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-02 2:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-02 13:56, poptiki wrote:
OK "G", just for you.

We did three mugs like the one we sent you. I also tried a chocolate brown slip that I used as a test on one other "Biter". It was also a test of one of the reactive glazes I've been wanting to try. I liked the way it came out, but, I like the first vintage looking version better. Here's the other one.

No glaze was applied to the Biter and it shows the high fired slip.

The inside was done in a clear glaze and the outside in a reactive. It has a whole different look.

Thanks again "G",
pop

Will these mugs be available for purchase?

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-02 4:32 pm   Permalink

Wow the colours on that reactive glazed mug are incredible! Each one will be completely different. I can't wait to see the run of them if you decide to do more.
Cheers!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-03 06:18 am   Permalink

"It has a whole different look."

You bet it does...and it is awesome. That reactive glaze is really wild. Have fun with them Pops and thanks for letting me see. Those a really cool.

Thanks again for sending me one.

-G

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-03 09:05 am   Permalink

Hi Pops,

Wow, this is the first time I have kicked around in your thread....you sir are one fine craftsman! Everything is damn tight! I really like the collaboration mug that you and G did. The high fire glazes you are using are wonderful. What are you firing these to? If you have one of these killer "G" mugs for sale, I would really love to get one?

Love your ride! I also wake up every morning and thank the lord for fossil fuel.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-12 10:59 am   Permalink

OK, yes I know,I know. It's been a looong time and I offer no excuses, but you guys with your clay jams keep making me wish I could be there. What cool stuff and what an opportunity to learn things. What fun that has to be.

Anyway things haven't quit happening, I just haven't been here much.

Because of your influence I am posting some pics of this bowl that I sketched up years ago and sculpted more than once but have finally gotten the mold done and have started pour a few.

This the wax I worked from.

The molds for the two pieces.

Poured in slip and joined.

This is what's up for now and if and when I get one glazed up I'll get a pic of that. Might make it look like our original volcano mug, don't know yet.

Later
pop
[ This Message was edited by: poptiki 2009-03-12 11:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: poptiki 2009-03-12 11:18 ]

poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-04 4:41 pm   Permalink

Well I have finally gotten a bowl glazed so here are a few pics. It has four straw holes, holds 56oz. up to the straw holes and has a large fuel tank for the fire. My goal was to be able to torch it up with the fog and not have the fog smother the flame.

Now we need to give it a test drive.

Success!

Over and out.

LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-04 5:20 pm   Permalink

I like it!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation