FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts My Pop [PopTiki of Colorado]...(First look at our 2010 stuff: Page 14)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
My Pop [PopTiki of Colorado]...(First look at our 2010 stuff: Page 14)
blacksandz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-04 6:16 pm   Permalink

NOW... that's a volcano!!!!!!

Glen, stunning work!

What are the dimensions of this molten rock behemoth?

sandz

View Profile of blacksandz Send a personal message to blacksandz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-06 4:06 pm   Permalink

Hey, thank you guys.

sandz, it is about 11" across the bottom and 6" across the top. It's about 6" high in the back and 4" high at the front. Here a pic holding it.

Here is something else I've got going and I knew you would enjoy it.

A bamboo mug that works. I've wanted to do one for a long time and finally got to it. Some different sizes of this style are in the works also.

Thanks again.

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-06 4:28 pm   Permalink

Howdie Pop!

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones

Posted: 2009-05-06 6:42 pm   Permalink

SsweeeetT finish Pop!

You nailed the aesthetics of the original P-1 and super-sized the structure into a beautiful bowl...WELL DONE!

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-06 7:19 pm   Permalink

The bamboo mug is great! Will you be producing any of these (Volcano and Bamboo) to sell?

[ This Message was edited by: LOL Tiki 2009-05-06 19:20 ]

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-06 8:31 pm   Permalink

Pops, you is soooo HOT! That Volcano is the BOMB!!

I sure wished you were out here too...I would love, love to pick your brain and have some fun with you at a Clay Jam.

I see you live in Colorado...I grew up in Boulder - back when Boulder was cool - you know, when you could drive from one end of town to the other in 8 minutes. Anyhow, I head back there at lest 3 times a year for short stays to hang out. Maybe, we could throw a small clay jam together sometime if your in that general area? Hell Pops, just hop on a plane and we'll have a clay jam over here this weekend

Great work Sir! Keep slinging da mud...it sings your name.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-07 4:30 pm   Permalink

Hey G, hello my friend, the termites or aliens didn't get me. Old and slow go together.

Jonesey, thank you for your support.

LOL, We will be doing the bamboo mug and a few variations of it. We will do the bowls as we can. My first thought was maybe 10 but after the challenge they are 5 might be enough. I don't really know right now.

Babalu,
The Astronauts on the hill. Surf guitar and hotrod songs. Memories.
If you do get to Boulder, let me know we're not that far away. I would like to visit first person and see if some of your knowledge and skill would rub off on me.

Thanks again,
Pop

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-07 4:40 pm   Permalink

Definitely interested in the volcanoe bowla nd would LOVE a coupla bamboo mugs! Absolutely fabulous work!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-26 06:41 am   Permalink

OK, it's time for a long winded update. The bamboo mug just wouldn't quit, so now there are several version of them, including an ash try.

Anyway, here's what we ended up with. Still messing with glazes though.

By request, a super sized bamboo mug. It was going to be a one only but now there are plans to mold it and make a few for the really tall thirst.

Here is the whole process of getting a piece poured. After the mold making the dry time for the mold seems like a long wait when you want see the casting.

Assembly of the mold.

Finished draining after pouring.

The best part is opening them up.

It's born.

For scale.

Here's our logo mug we've had around for a long time and still don't have any past the glaze tests.

Anyway, we have been getting several new things going. And yes we will have pieces available.

PS:
Babalu, you guys are in such a good spot for brain storming, learning, having fun, and with imaginations running rampant. Luck folks all right.

Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-26 07:12 am   Permalink

Wow you have been busy. Thanks for sharing the new pieces. I love your stuff, glad to see that you are still making mugs and I might be able to get a new one soon!

Beth

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-26 08:06 am   Permalink

Hey Pops,

I agree with Beth, it is so cool to see you playing out in the shop. Your molds are really tight Sir! True, San Diego us a great place to be, but you have the sculpture capital of the USA in Loveland right next to you . If you and the family ever make it out this way for a vacation, I hope you will stop by for a visit.

Hey, you also have the Babalu Babes out there next to you; if you ever get into a glaze bind give Mary Cay, or Terri a ring. Odds are that if those two gals can't answer your question, it can't be answered.

Again, great work Pops...keep it coming.

[ This Message was edited by: babalu 2009-07-26 11:15 ]

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones

Posted: 2009-07-26 08:30 am   Permalink

NICE PRODUCTION PHOTOS POPS!

I'm such a voyeur when it comes to seeing others in a creative process! I truly enjoy your postings and YOU are such a good soul, a creative mind and craftsman of QUALITY ceramics!

Keep on Truckin'... and please keep us informed on availability of your products!!

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-16 4:34 pm   Permalink

OK, I know I fell off the end for a while but I wasn't sleeping the whole time. Some of the designs that were in previous pics are being proofed and tests done. We have decided on glazes for some of them and are still working on others. Here are a few pics of where we're at with some.

This is the glaze we are going with on our bamboo mugs. We can get consistent results and like the look it has.

A look inside.

We tried our Ku different ways.

Number 4 got our vote so that's the way he'll be.

Three of our Moai proofs.

The Pepsi is for scale and he'll probably be this way.

Anyway, we have been making a little progress so that's it for now.

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-16 8:47 pm   Permalink

Great to see ya hanging out on the forum again Pops....those cone 5 glazes look nice and juicy.

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-17 07:57 am   Permalink

Great choice on the number four glaze for that Ku,pops!
and those diff size bamboo vessels are killer!
they look real!
great job!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation