FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts My Pop [PopTiki of Colorado]...(First look at our 2010 stuff: Page 14)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
My Pop [PopTiki of Colorado]...(First look at our 2010 stuff: Page 14)
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-18 1:49 pm   Permalink

Man...seems like forever since I've been out here, but Pop told me he dug up our old thread and was giving you all a preview of what we have coming up, so I thought I'd check it out.

I noticed that there are a bunch of dead links in this thread from back when I hosted our pics on my now-defunct Tiki page. I sincerely apologize for that, and I'll be digging around to see if I find those pics and get them rehosted.

But thanks again for looking and we hope to meet a lot of ya at the Hukilau this year!

Helz

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-18 2:06 pm   Permalink

I quite like that moai mug. Very cool.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikilizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-18 3:02 pm   Permalink

Really nice work.

View Profile of Tikilizard Send a personal message to Tikilizard  Email Tikilizard Goto the website of Tikilizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-18 8:27 pm   Permalink

Pop, they all look great. The little sprouts on the sides of the bamboo give a great realistic touch.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-20 1:47 pm   Permalink

Babalu, thank you, I keep thinking maybe I should try something different but I can't help myself. I just keep buying bags of stoneware slip. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Little Lost, thank you also. The Ku should have a look like it could have come from the old days. The bamboo was a challenge. They have been in the works for a while and the glaze I wanted to use just varied so much I was afraid to use it. Helz came up with this glaze and now I don't worry about how they will come out.

Slacks, the carvers always talk about "going deep" and I gave it a try on the Moai. I'm glad you like it. It was a fun one to do and those carver guys might be right.

Lizard and Mad Dog thank you both. Maybe I really do need to hang out more.

Thanks again guys, you made my day.

Pop

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-21 1:13 pm   Permalink

Time for a quick update. Here's a bowl we have in the works. It is based on a New Caledonia post carving. We have some in bisque but none in glaze yet. Here's a quick look.

Anyway thanks for checking it out and we'll get a pic of it when it's all prettied up.

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-21 1:48 pm   Permalink

niiiice!

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-21 2:22 pm   Permalink

Love that geometric Moai!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-01-22 10:10 am   Permalink

Thank you $ and zero.

Here is a rough start of a mug we are doing on the same design.

Thanks again guys.

poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-24 12:19 pm   Permalink

Thought it's time for a bit of an update. 2011 is about gone and it seems we didn't get to do all we wanted but, we did have fun doing what we did. Anyway, here are some pics of a few things we did.

The event mug we did for CATT kept us busy. Their logo was based on the Witco cat and we tried to keep our design as close to their art work as possible.

In this pic we were still working on glaze, as you can see.

Besides the event mugs we also provided two one off versions for their raffle, the proceeds of which went to the Cat Nap from the Heart in LaGrange Park IL.

The first one was based on our "Tourist" version of mugs we do.

The second we called "Luau Catt" and it was inspired by the iconic mask mug from the famous Luau 400 in New York City. However, we did do ours a bit differently. Where the original Luau had the orange and purple cold painted on the exposed bisque, we did ours in high fire underglaze, and then put a clear coat over the whole mug and fired it to 2169 degrees (Cone 5). So it's, like all the CATT mugs, completely dishwasher and food safe.

We also did one more one off version by request.

We are also doing a special "Orange Richard" version of our moai for our friends at Zen Tiki Lounge

and maybe that's enough for now.

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-10-24 1:53 pm   Permalink

Great stuff. Glad to see you posting again.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-24 2:19 pm   Permalink

Nice one-off variations on the Catt mugs.

Until I saw the side profile I thought there was some sort of special mustache holder inside the cup

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
umeone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-25 3:54 pm   Permalink

Magnificent Mugs Poptiki, I love the Luau Catt mug. MadDogMike I thought George was a mustache mug also.

View Profile of umeone Send a personal message to umeone  Email umeone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MikeyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-25 4:17 pm   Permalink

The CATT mugs are wonderful, good job!

View Profile of MikeyTiki Send a personal message to MikeyTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-25 5:29 pm   Permalink

Love that Moai Mug! Nice work!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation