FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts My Pop [PopTiki of Colorado]...(First look at our 2010 stuff: Page 14)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
My Pop [PopTiki of Colorado]...(First look at our 2010 stuff: Page 14)
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-05 3:14 pm   Permalink

It amazes me that you nailed that with such perfection, they look identical, aside from the size difference. If you can do that, you can carve anything you want on a top notch level. Don't you wish you had started sooner!?!? ( I know I do)

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-05 3:55 pm   Permalink

Bob is awesome!!! Can't wait to see the volcano bowls too! If there is a list can I be put on it?

Thanks,

Tikisgrl

P.S. Heal up quickly!!!

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-12 04:02 am   Permalink

THANK YOU ALL for the responses you have given me. I really appreciate all the feed back. I've been working on a new volcano mug prototype fit for molding, but I don't have any pics yet. Even if I did I am not quite set up to post any yet, but I'm getting close. I'll keep you updated.

Thanks again
Pop

A list? I don't know. What do you people think. I'm kinda slow you know.

[ This Message was edited by: poptiki 2006-02-12 04:15 ]

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Caber-Net
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-12 6:18 pm   Permalink

Wow...that really is perfection...i really got to start carving...I got a good friend who owns a "Woodcrafters" too

View Profile of Caber-Net Send a personal message to Caber-Net  Email Caber-Net     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 4:16 pm   Permalink

O.K. guys, here you go. In one of the previous posts JohnnyP said it was too bad drinks didn't come in the "Big Bob" size so you would only need one. That got me on the line of doing the whole banana with him. Thanks to Helztiki and my Tikimom I now have "Big Bob" all dressed up for the party. What do you guys think? Hope I can get the pics posted. Here goes.

p.s. It's all wood except the leaves and straw.
Thanks pop

[ This Message was edited by: poptiki 2006-02-21 18:44 ]

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
El Bastardo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-02-21 4:21 pm   Permalink

How awesome!

View Profile of El Bastardo Send a personal message to El Bastardo  Goto the website of El Bastardo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 4:22 pm   Permalink

Now that's a drink!!!! Bartender, I'll have one of those.

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 6:17 pm   Permalink

Hahahaha!!! That totally rocks! That's going to give someone one helluva hangover! When do you go in business? I want one!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 6:42 pm   Permalink

I think it's great! Tiki Bob is one of my all-time favorite tiki designs. You did a fine carving of him. The garnishes look great, but he dosen't suffer without them.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 7:49 pm   Permalink

Pop, you rule!!! That is just amazing.
Cant wait to see whats next.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-16 5:57 pm   Permalink

Hello Everyone,

I know I've been gone from here for a while but I've been real busy. Here's the up date.

After the positive response I received about my volcano mug I found someone who gave me some good advice about mold making and plaster mixing and the whole thing. I also bought a book on the subject and studied it. After learning the finer points of proper plaster mixing I built a mold from the model I had already done. The mold has six separate pieces because of the depth of the undercut on the model. It was no easy thing but I got it done.

After the mold and plaster learning curve I then got an education in the finer points of slip and slip casting. To get to the point,I have been pouring volcano mugs and have several ready to fire the first time, and I have more to clean and prep.

As soon as they are fired I can apply the glaze and fire a second time and have finished mugs.

poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-16 6:01 pm   Permalink

My post was too long but I do have some pics to post.

Man is it good to be here again,

Thanks
Poptiki

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-16 6:13 pm   Permalink

wow, that's amazing. good job.

put me down for a volcano mug pop! i'll have to show my dad this thread. maybe i can get him to switch from southwest carving to tiki.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-16 7:13 pm   Permalink

Here is an attempt to post some of the pics.

This is the original model I built.

The same model with color.

The mold with slip poured.

First opening of Mold.

Various profile views.

Bottom view. I guess it's obvious, sorry.

Some of the done ones.

I hope this worked.

Thanks for looking.
Poptiki

[ This Message was edited by: poptiki 2006-03-16 19:21 ]

GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-16 7:15 pm   Permalink

poptiki, can't wait to see your mug pictures. I'm really excited to see TCers making their own mugs!

Edited because your post beat me by a couple of minutes... Nice pictures! Really good work. Thanks for sharing!

[ This Message was edited by: GatorRob 2006-03-16 19:17 ]

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation