FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Bond, James Bond
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Bond, James Bond
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-05 12:26 pm   Permalink

It's a good year for Bond, wish I could see the show in London...it will be awesome.

The Inside Story of James Bond is Cubby Broccoli's autobiography and is available now and as an eBook.
http://www.007.com/the-inside-story-of-bond/

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-10 11:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-04-04 11:13, TikiHardBop wrote:
Just saw that the next Bond film will have him changing from martinis to beer -- and not just beer -- Heineken. One of the few European beers that actually sucks. Not much of a Bond fan, but this is pandering, even for them.
l

But Bond does on occasion drink beer under some permissible circumstances, from Lt. Colonel William ('Bill') Tanner's 'The Book of Bond or, Every Man His Own 007'

Quote:

Basically you're a hard liquor man (though, as explained below, you go for certain wines). You avoid sherry, port and liqueur brandies, which belong to stuffy connoisseurship. On the other hand, you must never drink beer, at least in England. A Lowenbrau in Geneva, a Miller's Highlife in New York State, a couple of Red Stripes in Jamaica, as many as four steins of the local brew in Munich with an ex-Luftwaffe pilot - these are legitimate, but keep things within bounds. English beer, like stout, cider, etc., to belongs to pubs and you avoid these where possible, except when the place turns out to be deserted apart from the landlord. To be seen with a pint of beer in your hand would be instant death to all your hopes of 007ship.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-11 12:17 am   Permalink

Red Strip,Bond sez yes!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-04-11 10:41 pm   Permalink

Hold on switching to the Trainspotting mode...

"Ye ken wur Seans fae Edinburgh, he widna' be seen deid drinkin' that pish, hee's ah pure radge
Buckie man, pure mental!'

[ This Message was edited by: atomictonytiki 2012-04-11 22:42 ]

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-16 09:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-04-04 11:10, Joe Banks wrote (in the Tiki Oasis 2012 thread):

After THE BEST of the series, "On Her Majesty's Secret Service", Diamonds is an embarrassment!. John-O, I beg you to re-listen to the fine 2-part podcast that Digitiki and myself did on the Quiet Village on James Bond...only then will you see the truth!...

OK I revisted OHMSS, probably for the first time in over 30 years. Now while it didn't topple "Diamonds" as my favorite, I did enjoy the following...

1. One of the best opening credit sequences (and score) in the series.

2. The one-footed stunt skiing. And in an old-school leather boot no less !!

3. The coolest thing in the film however had to be the way Telly Savalas held his cigarette. I would take up that bad habit just so I could smoke like he did ...

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-16 09:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-05-16 09:41, JOHN-O wrote:
OK I revisted OHMSS, probably for the first time in over 30 years. Now while it didn't topple "Diamonds" as my favorite...

....and then, you lost me.

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-16 12:59 pm   Permalink

You know which is my least favorite Bond film ??

"Live and Let Die", if only for the great waste of actress Gloria Hendry...

She was portrayed as a 2nd-rate spy and eventually turned out to be a traitor !!

I would have liked to see her
kick some major butt (especially Roger Moore's) like she did in "Black Belt Jones".

And I'm still really annoyed how Bond treated Quarlo in "Dr. No".

Like a dog !! Remember Connery's line... "Go fetch my shoes"

I'm really looking forward to the "1970's Blaxploitation" Tiki Oasis.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErkNoLikeFire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-18 11:36 pm   Permalink

A tad plain, but it's only a teaser one sheet anyway.

“The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.” Martin Mull

"Rum is not drinking, it's surviving" Robert Shaw THE DEEP

View Profile of ErkNoLikeFire Send a personal message to ErkNoLikeFire  Email ErkNoLikeFire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-19 09:29 am   Permalink

NICE!!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-04 09:57 am   Permalink

50 years of James Bond Movie Posters

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-04 11:03 am   Permalink

Oh! that's a big gun barrel.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-09-07 07:58 am   Permalink

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in Beverly Hills has the best deals in Southern California. The general public pays $5 for some really remarkable programing if you're a movie buff. There is even FREE parking in their garage!
You can't eat or drink in the theater, but that's why it still looks nice.
I've even met some famous actors, directors and producers at these things. They've all been remarkably nice. The stage is flanked by 2 big gold Oscar statues which you're able to get some good pics of from the floor. There is an ever changing rotation of movie posters and film stills too.
Surprisingly enough people don't dress up to attend the events.

I thought some of you might be interested in The Music of Bond: The First 50 Years.

www.oscars.org/events-exhibitions/events/2012/10/bond.html

Event Information
Friday, October 5, 7:30 p.m.
Samuel Goldwyn Theater
8949 Wilshire Boulevard
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Ticketed seating is unreserved.

Hosted by music historian and writer Jon Burlingame

With Special Guests lyricist Don Black and guitarist Vic Flick
Fifty years to the day after the U.K. opening of the first Bond film, "Dr. No," on October 5, 1962, the Academy pays homage to the memorable title songs and indelible scores that have become as celebrated as the character’s many exploits.

Over the 22 films released to date as part of the official James Bond series, there have been several constants: suave but deadly leading men, gorgeous and barely clad Bond girls, over-the-top villains and incredible music. Bond theme songs, sung by such leading performers of their era as Shirley Bassey ("Goldfinger"), Nancy Sinatra ("You Only Live Twice"), Paul McCartney and Wings ("Live and Let Die"), Carly Simon ("Nobody Does It Better") and Sheena Easton ("For Your Eyes Only"), consistently landed on the pop music charts. Duran Duran’s "A View to a Kill" became the first Bond song to hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Combine those notable elements with the remarkable scores by composers including John Barry, Marvin Hamlisch, Bill Conti and David Arnold, and you have a body of work that continues to play a major role in popular film culture.

Hosted by music historian and writer Jon Burlingame, the program will feature many of the people who made the music, including lyricist Don Black (title songs for "Thunderball," "Diamonds Are Forever," "The Man with the Golden Gun" and "The World Is Not Enough") and guitarist Vic Flick, who laid down the famous guitar lick for the "James Bond Theme."

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-09-20 9:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all the great links everyone...I am for sure going to download all those posters...they will make a good slide show for a future party.

I pre-ordered the James Bonds Archives.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/3836521059/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-09-27 6:13 pm   Permalink

In case you want to buy some snazzy James Bond albums to play on your hi-fi...

http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=11500744

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-09-27 8:21 pm   Permalink

The new Heineken advert with "Bond", New Bond Girls & some classic villains is pretty fun
check it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMj93N6f5TQ&feature=player_embedded

The song is from New Zealand singer/songwriter Gin Wigmore, called "Man Like That"

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation