FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Buy rum on-line? In an ABC state?
Buy rum on-line? In an ABC state?
BobbyBanjo

Posted: 2006-01-11 05:56 am   Permalink

Hello Folks,

I live in North Carolina, an ABC (alcoholic beverage control) state. It's real hard to get good liquor out here. Can anyone recommend where I can purchase Lemon Hart and other good rums on-line?

Thanks,
Bobby Banjo

P.S. Sorry if this message is redundant with an earlier post, I did a few searches and couldn't find anything similar.

View Profile of BobbyBanjo Send a personal message to BobbyBanjo  Goto the website of BobbyBanjo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-12 11:27 am   Permalink

I recommend you move from North Carolina. Immediately. Other than that, try this: http://www.wineandliquordepot.com/ They're a brick and mortar store in Van Nuys, CA. Their web site sucks, but their prices and selection of rums is good. They have Lemon Hart. I ordered several bottles from them and they arrived quickly and packaged all nice and safe. The only online ordering they have is a fax form. But I just called their toll free # and gave them my credit card # over the phone.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-12 3:26 pm   Permalink

You could also try Hi-Time Wine Cellars as recommended in Jeff Berry's books. I shop there all the time. They have a large selection at reasonable prices. Nice people, too.

http://www.hitimewine.com/

250 Ogle Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92627

Phone:
Toll Free - 800.331.3005
Regular - 949.650.8463
Fax - 949.631.6863

Email: Hitimeclrs@aol.com

Hours of Operation:
Sunday 10am -7pm
Mon-Wed 9am-8pm
Thurs-Sat 9am-9pm

View Profile of TikiSan Send a personal message to TikiSan      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-13 04:44 am   Permalink

HiTime is certainly good too, but when I placed my last order, wineandliquordepot came in a little cheaper after shipping.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-01-13 05:20 am   Permalink

I live in Virginia, an ABC controlled state. Some of the ABC stores around me have a special catalog (actually a 3 ring binder) for some of the higher priced liquors that are not stocked on the shelves, that allow you to place a special order. I have not done this, but looked at the catalog - mostly promotional brochures, with a separate price sheet. The rums listed were generally in the $30-$50 range, and are defintely premium brands, which I rarely, if ever, see on the shelves on any store.

You may want to call and ask your ABC store if they have a similar catalog.

I have bought some good rum at my ABC store. 10 Cane, Pritchards, Rhum Barbun Court (8 years) - they seem to have two shelf slots for premium rum that tend to rotate.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation