FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Kirby' s Dune Buggie Ready for Oasis CAR show pg 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Kirby' s Dune Buggie Ready for Oasis CAR show pg 3
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-13 5:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks jen... Ive been tied up in grogs basement,I dont even want to begin telling you the terrible things he made me do, except that he wanted me to build him a special rocket so he could take over the world, but instead I built myself a futuristic robotic suit that flys and escaped...

Kirby's Island.com****Facebook**

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-05-13 9:22 pm   Permalink

lookin' good kirb! nice to see you escaped grogs rocket...errr....."basement"

ANYWAY....nice update on the new buggy - I'm digging your tikification already, although I have a sinking feeling you are far from done! I can't wait to see what you'll do!

You bringing this baby down to long beach in the summer? (or 'pedro?!?!?!)

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac 2008-05-13 21:23 ]

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-14 03:39 am   Permalink

Good to see you again mate! That new buggy is a cool ride for sure, and the tiki mods are pretty sweet too

Know all about the things coming up, my wagons still not going...

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-14 07:00 am   Permalink

Welcome back Kirby!

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-14 08:53 am   Permalink

VERY VERY COOL KIRBS!
What a Beaut!
much better than that last "Pick-A-Part" junkheap.....
that would've been too much work!
This yellow baby is PRIMO!
Stoked for you,my friend!
VROOM! VROOM!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-25 2:59 pm   Permalink

Hey Kirby! Can't wait to see that banana buggy go!

Are those real floats or plastic? Cause they might explode on impact w/ the windshield.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 7:36 pm   Permalink

I have been inspired by the tiki oasis car show to work on the buggy some more here are sum updated picks i took today..see you at oasis..
a few things I added are a bamboo bumper and side runner things a new sturdier bamboo floormats and sum bamboo to hide frame work in the floor.The old bamboo top was not very practical and was hard to remove because it had a shitload of screws holding it on, so I set out to make another one that i could remove easier.. This one only has two screws so thats better, but Im still not happy with it over all so I will probly try one more time at some point, but its fine for now..I also added sum lil dash peices made from bamboo sheet.I would like to add some small tiki masks or tapa ar sumthing like that but im running out of time before oasis..One other thing i did was carve a new gearshift knob..I real loved the skull made by clydsdale but I realy wanted a tiki and I realized i Didnt have any of my art in the car..The las thing i did was modify some mp3 speakers into a Gilligan's island speaker system with coconuts, bamboo and tapa..

and this is my dunebugger pendant chillin on the gas filler

Kirby's Island.com****The Tiki Adventure**

[ This Message was edited by: kirby 2009-08-09 19:44 ]

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 7:38 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: kirby 2009-08-09 19:44 ]

Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 7:51 pm   Permalink

That is a beautiful piece of work Kirbster!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-09 8:22 pm   Permalink

Sweet ride! Ingenious sound system, don't skewer yourself on that shifter knob

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 8:27 pm   Permalink

VroOOOoooOOOooooOOOM!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 8:37 pm   Permalink

great job Kirby! I love the buggy! See you Friday!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 8:44 pm   Permalink

I can't wait to see this live!

~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-09 10:59 pm   Permalink

NICE Buddy! Wish I would have gotten my '64 Malibu Convertible ready! Nice work!

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-09 11:07 pm   Permalink

Thanks TOny...What ever happened to the beachcomber mail jeep?I think the world need a Beach combered out Car from Tiki
Tony That would be awsome !

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation