FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tahitian Lanai ceramic goblet -1/13 pics were posted
Tahitian Lanai ceramic goblet -1/13 pics were posted
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-12 2:46 pm   Permalink

did a search, not a lot comes up for the Lanai...
I picked up two Tahitian Lanai ceramic goblets at a local thrift shop about 6 months ago.
Does anyone know what they they were used to serve? They seem to small for a bar to use to serve wine, but maybe port or an after dinner apertif.
Does anyone have a Tahitian Lanai menu they could scan with a pic of the goblet. This will probably answer question !
Does anyone else have the mug and any other ceramic or paper goods from there? I know Gecko had one of the velvets.
Thanks,
TT

[ This Message was edited by: tikitanked 2006-01-13 15:25 ]

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-13 10:02 am   Permalink

]

[ This Message was edited by: Phillip Roberts 2012-08-04 18:55 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
puamana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-13 2:19 pm   Permalink

Here's a few things :

Goblet:

( I think there's also another version without the tikis on the bottom )

Mug w/ handle:

Newspaper ad:

Mai Tai Party photo from a '72 brochure:

Thanks for that info, fil/ ! I didn't know about the pineapple mugs & coconut logo mugs.

View Profile of puamana Send a personal message to puamana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-13 2:45 pm   Permalink

Thank you both for the replies. I was going to post a picture of the goblet, but thank you for taking care of that. I am surprised that it was used to serve a cocktail being that it can not hold more than 8oz. My next mission is to find out exactly what the flaming drink is that they served.
I am sorry but i no longer have the other goblet to trade. I kept one for my collection and one went to beachbum Berry's. Actually, he is the perfect person to ask, will see what he says on the matter.
Thanks again,
TT

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
scarysnarles
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-13 5:46 pm   Permalink

How tall is that goblet? Is it hollow to the bottom or is it joined in the middle and hollow up till it joins ?

View Profile of scarysnarles Send a personal message to scarysnarles  Email scarysnarles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-14 09:21 am   Permalink

We've got a couple of place-mats. The TL was a cooooool place. (Almost as cool as the little bar down the street at the Circle Hotel. The smallest bar in Waikiki.)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation