FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki The Great Enchanted Tiki Room Dress Story
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
The Great Enchanted Tiki Room Dress Story
TikiPhil
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-22 2:34 pm   Permalink

Yea that mug is my holy grail.

http://www.tikiroom.net/gallery/marked/ahg

But to be precise. It is from the Polynesian RESORT and not the Polynesian VILLAGE.

Disney changed the name in the 90s so this mug is not very old. I guess that the white goblet from the Village is so much more prevalent is because it was sold in the 70s when tiki was still relatively popular and this one from the Resort was sold in the 90s when tiki was dead.

Does anyone know if this mug was sold in the lobby gift-shop or was it included with a drink during the luau diner show.

View Profile of TikiPhil Send a personal message to TikiPhil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-22 8:53 pm   Permalink

thats a good point Phil- it is actually marked "resort"

I didnt know the timeline of the name change or that the hotel did in fact change its name- hmmmm

I have no idea where the mugs originated from in its day, if they were even sold there or if they were restaurant ware.

I had heard rumours that the gift shop was, or was going to be selling them again, but i have not seen this with my own eyes. I doubt it.

Either way, its a nice heavy quality piece, and you can see the tiki the design came from right as you pull into the entrance driveway.

some good info on the polynesian resort here:

http://home.cfl.rr.com/omniluxe/poly.htm

[ This Message was edited by: fatuhiva 2006-01-22 20:56 ]

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hot Lava
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 5:56 pm   Permalink

I was at the resort a couple of weeks ago. There's some mugs in the new gift shop, but they're pretty much standard issue.

View Profile of Hot Lava Send a personal message to Hot Lava  Email Hot Lava     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-28 7:31 pm   Permalink

all the talk of the Polynesian resort got me jonesing, so the wife and I looked into pricing, and turns out right now is a dead period for the resorts- got booked into "Samoa" 1st floor with a patio facing the pool- spent two nights there and it was BLISS

didnt see any mugs other than new stuff..

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-11 6:28 pm   Permalink

The story of the Enchanted Tiki Room Dress took a turn for the fantastic:

The latest update is on Humu Kon Tiki, it's a doozy!

The next chapter in the dress story

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-02-11 11:23 pm   Permalink

Congratulations, Humuhumu!

You and Kevin look absolutely smashing in your photoshoot. (and I like the green dress even better than the purple one). Lucky Girl!

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki1963
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-12 09:50 am   Permalink

my god!

there's a disney couple if ever i saw one!

congrats!

View Profile of tiki1963 Send a personal message to tiki1963  Email tiki1963     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-12 10:11 am   Permalink

Congrats Humu - that's great news! The pics are awesome.

I especially like the "Polynesian Gothic":

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-13 08:47 am   Permalink

Great stuff, Humu! What a great story, what great pics! You are so the right person in the right place to make something like that happen! So, we can add fashion model to the growing list of talents/occupations?

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-13 09:56 am   Permalink

Great story Humu! You & Kevin look great....

We are looking forward to next week!

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-13 2:24 pm   Permalink

Haha! I'm so glad you picked up on our Polynesian Gothic photo, bot! Here's a new, improved version:

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Caber-Net
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-31 05:55 am   Permalink

Just to let ya know the dress is now on sale!!!

http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DSIProductDisplay?catalogId=10003&storeId=10052&productId=1195151&langId=-1&categoryId=13841

View Profile of Caber-Net Send a personal message to Caber-Net  Email Caber-Net     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jasica

Posted: 2009-04-27 03:06 am   Permalink

sorry for late Congratulations

I like
Mens dress shirts any one tell me where i can buy this shirt

View Profile of jasica Send a personal message to jasica      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-27 08:09 am   Permalink

You're in luck: The link you posted is to a site that sells men's dress shirts!!!

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-27 08:28 am   Permalink

Well, at least we can thank the spammer for bumping a cool thread that I had not seen before. Thanks spam-dude.

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation