FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Aloha and welcome to La Mariana, please come in........
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Aloha and welcome to La Mariana, please come in........
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-27 8:15 pm   Permalink

Amazing pics, Gecko!

By far the best tiki bar I've seen! How did I ever miss this place? Used to go to Hawaii twice a year but haven't been in 5 years now and going through withdrawal!

Where is it located exactly? Hawaii Kai?

We may be out there this summer. My wahine and I will definitely let you know.

Aloha,

Uncle Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-11-27 10:32 pm   Permalink

Wow! That is a great looking place! I hope to one day make it to Hawaii again and would love to spend some quality time with La Mariana...

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tulsatv
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2002-11-30 6:56 pm   Permalink

My new wife Gaye and I paid a visit to La Mariana on Wednesday at the end of our Hawaiian cruise. Gecko and his lovely wahine, Ailie, greeted us and showed us around. This is an incredible tiki bar as Gecko's photos show. Gecko introduced us to the owner, now in her 80s. Very nice lady. The piano player did "Quiet Village" which really set the scene. This was one of the best things we did on our trip. We took many of the suggestions made by Tiki Centralites...more later.

Just wanted to say thanks again to Gecko and Ailie for a great time.

http://tulsaTVmemories.com

[ This Message was edited by: tulsatv on 2002-12-01 10:42 ]

View Profile of tulsatv Send a personal message to tulsatv  Email tulsatv Goto the website of tulsatv     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-01 4:44 pm   Permalink

Aloha TC,
here are some new pics of La Mariana.

new TC members Tulsatv (Mike and his newly wed wife Gaye) Tulsa thinks this palce is the mecca of Tiki bars!?! It's for sure up there.

da gecko with my other favorite bar tender Jesse James the tastyiest Mai Tais in da South Seas. He is the creator of a shot drink he made for me.

here is Jesse with his new D-Li-Cious creation called "Da Spotted Gecko". So, If you come to LaMariana and see Jesse working, ask him for da spotted gecko. I got wasted. no one knows da drink but Jesse because it's not on the menu yet. Mike the general manager calls it the "smiling gecko" I think. Which eva one you will for sure see spots and smile after a few of those.

your host on the left and the right. starting from the left, the lovely Jenny, Ailie my Wahine in the middle and the lovely Judy. You make sure you take care of these ladies because they are great! Tell them you seen them on TC. They get a kick out of that! Jesse too.

Jenny and Tito(bar tender) told me some ladies that browse on TC came into the bar last week because they seen it on TC. Michelle I think is one of the names of the ladies. If you read TC don't be ashamed to post anything. We could have met. I here the ladies live here on the island to! lets party! If you don't want to post feel free to click on my eamil icon to email me. anytime we have TC visitors from da mainland I will post them on this same post so always look for new pictures on the la mariana post.

Aloooha!

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-04 09:48 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader on 2004-07-14 08:03 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-04 12:30 pm   Permalink

Wow, that looks pretty cool. Makes me think of doing a Cook Islands mug that stands on 3 legs... If you have seen tikis in the Cook Islands, you get what I mean!

"Mai-Kai: History & Mystery of the Iconic Tiki Restaurant" the book

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-04 12:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2004-07-04 12:30, Swanky wrote:
If you have seen tikis in the Cook Islands, you get what I mean!

Ya, a mug with a kick stand.
Nice photo Vic!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Toa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-04 7:16 pm   Permalink

Yo Gecko, man those are some awesome photos, cannot believe I was never there when I lived on the island. But man I know where I will be spending some quality time when I get the chance to return.

Toa

View Profile of Tiki-Toa Send a personal message to Tiki-Toa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-13 2:01 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Tikiwahine on 2005-06-09 16:55 ]

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-19 5:31 pm   Permalink

GECKO...
Nice Pics

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WenikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 8:16 pm   Permalink

ALOHA!
This thread needs a BUMP! Last night I went to La Mariana for the 91st Birthday of the lovely owner, Annette Nahinu. Great party. Free Puupuus.... I even tried a "Spotted Gecko". Don't know what was in it, but I had to close the place down to be able to drive home legal... I ran into Gecko and his fellow artist and friend Freddie. I took some photos and thought some of you might want to see them. First is Gecko with Annette:

Then we have Freddie and the Birthday Girl:

Then Gecko posing with a painting:

I will finish with a photo of the sunset view from La Mariana:

View Profile of WenikiTiki Send a personal message to WenikiTiki  Email WenikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-23 8:59 pm   Permalink

Just beautiful. We were there last year, and hope to go again in December....sigh...

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-24 06:23 am   Permalink

Good to see Gecko looking well.
Aloha, Gecko.

Hope to play you a few songs at your studio sometime soon.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Al-ii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-24 08:28 am   Permalink

Mike,
Let's go to the PI
Mahalo,
AL

View Profile of Al-ii Send a personal message to Al-ii  Email Al-ii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-09-24 2:04 pm   Permalink

I was there last year also and took some pictures with her...I know, I know, I should post them but I don't know how, damn-it.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation