FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music b-o-m-b-o-r-a-s, yeah!
b-o-m-b-o-r-a-s, yeah!
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-16 09:22 am   Permalink

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=47731817

don't know much about MySpace, but Gregg set up this trip down memory lane for friends and bands and mates and fans alike.
drop down to messages and see kick the reverb is an "add on."

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kooche
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-28 8:25 pm   Permalink

la - home of tiki ti - yes man!

View Profile of kooche Send a personal message to kooche  Goto the website of kooche     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lovevw181
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-30 3:57 pm   Permalink

My ex-boyfriend turned me on to these guys!!! Wish I had seen them live. The closest I ever got was when the Invisible Men (made up of Bomboras members and more garage rock) played, but it wasn't the same.

View Profile of lovevw181 Send a personal message to lovevw181  Email lovevw181     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
untamedhighway
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-31 5:00 pm   Permalink

No doubt...the Bomboras were one of the best, and the band responsible for getting me into surf music...which in itself was a life changing event! Check em out on MySpace.

View Profile of untamedhighway Send a personal message to untamedhighway  Email untamedhighway Goto the website of untamedhighway     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 09:06 am   Permalink

if you The Ghastly Ones head yuor way check em out. Gregg and Dave have been playin with them, and involved in The Headless Hearsemen as well. Dave also played with Sky saxon on the recent Seeds euro tour and limited pressed cd. Jake has Lords of Altamont, with other former Bomboras bandmates, and been busy with his guitar shop in Burbank.
TT

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-06 2:52 pm   Permalink

Proud to say I was a Bomboras go-go girl.

(Ok, it was for only one garage music festival, but I kicked - well, shook - ASS!)
LOVED those boys.

And Head-Shrinkin' Fun is perhaps my favorite modern album cover of all time.

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-06 6:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-06 14:52, Formikahini wrote:

And Head-Shrinkin' Fun is perhaps my favorite modern album cover of all time.

I'd have to agree... and Mystery Planet has been a favorite of mine since my first listen.

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-06 6:57 pm   Permalink

And for the uninitiated, H.S. Fun is more than just a cover - it's the whole inner fold-out sleeve that kills me, with every song title illustrated as a children's game.

A really *sick* children's game, that is .

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation