Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts A friend's 3D tiki images
A friend's 3D tiki images
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-16 12:03 pm   Permalink

My coworker Rachel wanted to create a new environment for her online portfolio and decided on a tiki bar. I provided her a bunch of image reference links (from Tc and elsewhere) and here's what she came up with. You might notice some details directly referenced from various tiki establishments, but all the 2D artwork on the walls are vintage images and not reproductions of anyone's original tiki art.

Enjoy.

More details of the room and objects can be seen on her webpage at
http://www.rachelnador.com. The model was created and rendered with Maya 3D software.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-16 12:53 pm   Permalink

That would be so good if you could ,make it a full sized wallposter/paper.
I'd certainly have one. Unbelivable.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-16 1:10 pm   Permalink

That would be so cool if you could make it real

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-16 1:14 pm   Permalink

Wow! Really beautiful!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kaha ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-16 1:31 pm   Permalink

Aloha! Nice work!
Too bad life's isnt like "lawnmower man"! Id love to hang out in that joint for realz or some kine "virtual reality" program!

great stuff, tell her she's no ka oi!

Malama Pono!

[ This Message was edited by: kaha ki'i 2006-01-16 13:32 ]

View Profile of kaha ki'i Send a personal message to kaha ki'i  Email kaha ki'i Goto the website of kaha ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-16 2:48 pm   Permalink

That is great! Going to the link right now! Gotta get more of that.
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 04:22 am   Permalink

SO cool.

there was a system of online communication a while back something akin to all those everquest-type games, where you'd have an environment and an avatar - that could be the next generation of tiki-shout!

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 05:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-17 04:22, Rain wrote:
SO cool.

there was a system of online communication a while back something akin to all those everquest-type games, where you'd have an environment and an avatar - that could be the next generation of tiki-shout!

What a concept!

That's some intense 3-D rendering, really really nice. She has the bar concept nailed. I'm always amazed by the 3-D folks and this is a great example.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 05:28 am   Permalink

cool stuff Tikibot...any place with conga bar stools is alright by me....drink...drum...drink...
drum...drink...drum...just like the congatiki room!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JimTandem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 4:31 pm   Permalink

Hey Tiki-bot! Tell Rachel she's one talented person. I really dig the 3d renderings of the bar, and she's welcome to post more of her stuff anytime... better yet, if she hasn't already, have her join the fun.

View Profile of JimTandem Send a personal message to JimTandem  Email JimTandem     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation