FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » Restaurant Records!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Restaurant Records!
Pastor_McPurvis

Posted: 2006-02-20 11:25 am   Permalink

Whoops! Sorry about that!

Try this link instead:

http://www.vinylorphanage.com/restaurant_records.html

View Profile of Pastor_McPurvis Send a personal message to Pastor_McPurvis  Email Pastor_McPurvis Goto the website of Pastor_McPurvis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-20 3:42 pm   Permalink

WOW!! Very impressive. You have a wonderful collection. Thanks for the list. Nice attention to detail as well. Let me know if you have any extras you would want to trade with. You can email off list if you want. Nice website too!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-21 08:44 am   Permalink

Found a bunch more local stuff lately! How about the Vanguards at the Del Villa Rio. A Northern soul group that does a cover version of popular hits like "Sweet City Woman." I also found an accordion group called The Spitfires from Dayton that do a KILLER version of the "Theme from Shaft" using 16 accordions!!!! It's freakin' unbelievable how good this is. Look for a CD compilation soon!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

[ This Message was edited by: jeff central 2006-03-21 09:03 ]

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BC-Da-Da
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-08 4:33 pm   Permalink

Awesome thread, guys. I collect Los Angeles location albums, but I'm sure there are some that are tiki places. I certainly wouldn't pass one up if it weren't from L.A. either. Off the top of my head, and from here at work, I know that I have a live album from the Trails restaurant in the San Gabriel Valley. ModCom's Chris Nichol's knew that place well, and Korla Pandit used to play there. Alas, the LP isn't a Korla Pandit release, and I can't remember the guy's name off-hand, but the title of the album is "Nite Life," and he indeed plays mostly '60s Hawaiian hits, including the title song.

If anyone runs across another copy of that Rancho Cucamonga album, please let me know. I spent some time on Archibald Street one day, the former home of Zappa's Z-Studio in Cucamonga.

View Profile of BC-Da-Da Send a personal message to BC-Da-Da  Email BC-Da-Da     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kono
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-21 6:00 pm   Permalink

Posted a couple of restaurant records tonight. The Hawaiian Room, NYC and The Big Bamboo, Nassau.

http://konotiki.blogspot.com/

View Profile of Kono Send a personal message to Kono  Email Kono Goto the website of Kono     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-24 08:31 am   Permalink

Great!! Thanks Kono!!!!! I've been looking for that Hawaiian Room LP. I still would like to find an original LP thouugh.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-24 08:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-24 08:31, Jeff Central wrote:
Great!! Thanks Kono!!!!! I've been looking for that Hawaiian Room LP. I still would like to find an original LP thouugh.

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Muchos mahalos, King Kono!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kaiwaza
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-26 2:47 pm   Permalink

Has anyone mentioned "The Island-Aires: Hawaiian Interlude"? The jacket says they are presented by "The Polynesian..Walteria, California" and were the restaurants stellar nightly attraction.
Some of the members were also performers with a group called "The Polynesians" who recorded on Crown Records, and they have a very similar sound.
It's really a beautiful vocal LP. Grab it if you ever see it, although I confess the copy I have is the only one I've ever seen and I got it on eBay a while back.

View Profile of Kaiwaza Send a personal message to Kaiwaza  Email Kaiwaza     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-31 04:02 am   Permalink

Thanks for the tip Kaiwaza! I will keep an eye out for that one. Any way you can post a picture of the front cover?

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

lemonsqueezer
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-01 12:38 pm   Permalink

How about that one:

not private pressed but great covers

the second one has fab tamoure track on it but it’s nothing twisted d.i.y.

and there are the following Lps (but my scanner is to small for them):

Manuiti 3123 Taaone Ambiance avec Les Savates Jaunes LP (the Savates Jaunes are playing in the Hotel Bar of Hotel Taaone and covering beside there tahitian material Wislon Picket and Jimi Hendrix, but not interesting imo)

Tahiti EL-1025 Eddie Lund Presents...Les Barefoot Boys (at) Bar Lea LP

Tiare Tahiti TTM-8225 Quinn's Orchestra - Une Night au Quinn's LP

martin
http://www.myspace.com/hularock

View Profile of lemonsqueezer Send a personal message to lemonsqueezer  Email lemonsqueezer Goto the website of lemonsqueezer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-04 3:51 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the pictures lemonsquezzer,

That first one really rocks!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

Kawentzmann
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-05 04:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-04 15:51, Jeff Central wrote:
Thanks for the pictures lemonsquezzer,

That first one really rocks!!

That’s what I call little stage room!

I have two Les Barefoort Boys LPS, different ones. One is just called “Bar Lea”, the other one “En Direct De Tahiti”. I know there’s yet another one, but has been too expensive for my budget, counting the postage from USA.

KK

View Profile of Kawentzmann Send a personal message to Kawentzmann  Goto the website of Kawentzmann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lemonsqueezer
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-05 7:04 pm   Permalink

Just find a .jpg of the quinns orchesrta lp (a nice live recording that has it's charm, incl Accordion, two songs are called after the Quinns: Quinn's Twist (only instrumental) and the weird up tempo vocal Quinn's Tamure)

The third Les Barfood Boys is not connected to a location and called: Encore! Avec Les Barefoot Boys et Loma

There is also
Tahiti EL-1028 Eddie Lund Presents...Marie Terangi et les Bel Air Boys: Paumotu Party au Bel Air
(studio Lp incl. Bel Air Luxus Hotel group)
(sorry no pic available)

and don't forget about the other Zizou Bar Record (Manuiti 3013)/cd with the colourful modern tikis on the cover that was posted in the 'zizou bar in Papeete' topic:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=12158&forum=1&hilite=Zizou

martin
http://www.myspace.com/hularock

[ This Message was edited by: lemonsqueezer 2006-06-05 19:21 ]

View Profile of lemonsqueezer Send a personal message to lemonsqueezer  Email lemonsqueezer Goto the website of lemonsqueezer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mr ed

Posted: 2006-11-30 2:17 pm   Permalink

i have a few of these lps eg
the destitues- same title 4 star records.
this lp is all steel drums except for ooh papa do which is pretty rocking. they do greensleeves , night train etc on steel drums
i got one yesterday by the chasers four . they have a cool swirly psychedlic cover on the back they look like one of those older groups with goatee's etc. they have an accordian & play by the time i get tp pheonix, yakety say etc.
can someone hook me up with that comp that vern put out?
thanks!!!
mr ed

View Profile of mr ed Send a personal message to mr ed      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mr ed

Posted: 2006-11-30 2:51 pm   Permalink

could some be kind enough to make me a cdr of the 'hammonds & drum machines" cdr? i'd love to hear it & will pay for costs of the materials postage etc. anyone?

View Profile of mr ed Send a personal message to mr ed      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation