FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Welcome...to Forbidden Island
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Welcome...to Forbidden Island
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-19 06:44 am   Permalink

WHERE ARE THE PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
can I post mine,yet???????????

Awesome place. Thanks Martiki!

View Profile of Primo Kimo Send a personal message to Primo Kimo  Email Primo Kimo Goto the website of Primo Kimo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-19 09:19 am   Permalink

I hear there is a new tiki or two in town now. The place is going to knock your black socks off!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Diablo 2006-04-19 09:20 ]

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-19 09:56 am   Permalink

Where are the pics?

When is the grand opening?

I need more inspiration.

Robertiki
Portland

View Profile of Robertiki Send a personal message to Robertiki  Email Robertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-04-19 10:19 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-19 09:56, Robertiki wrote:

When is the grand opening?

I need more inspiration.

Robertiki
Portland

The grand Opening is Sat April 22! I know Inky is coming from Vegas for it. What other out of the area folks are coming?

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-19 10:35 am   Permalink

really, what is the address?

View Profile of Robertiki Send a personal message to Robertiki  Email Robertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2006-04-19 10:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-19 10:35, Robertiki wrote:
really, what is the address?

Forbidden Island
1304 Lincoln Ave.
Alameda, CA 94501

http://www.forbiddenislandalameda.com/

Grand opening at 3pm 4-22-06

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley 2006-04-19 10:42 ]

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
princessP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-19 7:20 pm   Permalink

Hey,

Conga Mike, drove by last night.It looks great. The signs , glass windows , and entry, very nice. I can't wait to see the inside.

Hopefully ,tomorrow I'll stop by on my way to the show then stop off for one after the show.

View Profile of princessP Send a personal message to princessP  Email princessP Goto the website of princessP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AquaZombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 1:04 pm   Permalink

To quote the Tiki Goddess, it used to be Lincoln's Address, now it's Will's Address.
Best Tiki Bar EVER. Well, that I've been to. Happy to call it my new home. Congrats Martin and Mike.

View Profile of AquaZombie Send a personal message to AquaZombie  Email AquaZombie Goto the website of AquaZombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-21 10:00 pm   Permalink

UNBELIVABLE!!! The Forbidden Island get the spot right above the top notch. An amazing and totally mesmerizing layout with so much to look at your eye my might popout. Water features, an outside patio, a great jukebox, an excellent selection of drinks, including many from the TC Ohana recipe book, and plenty of good beer too. The dancers were great, the buffet was ono and our hosts were more thatn gracious. The M3, Rebecca, Bamboo Ben, Hanford and Humu, Tiki Diablo and everyone else who hammered a nail or toasted some bamboo really captured and created something special and quite a paradise on the tiny isle of Almeda. I look forward to my next trip out to the Forbidden Island. You can't help but notice the aloha, love and sweat that everybody involved put into making this place a must see destination spot in the Bay Area.
As always it was great to see some old friends and meet some new people. The Ohana Hut premeire was the pineapple in the Mai-Tai for me and I want to thank Stuckie again for bringing the prototype on the road for us all to see and drink out of. One more super big YOU ROCK to The Jab for letting us converge on his little slice of paradise mixing up some tasty cocktails and then also feeding us some of the best fish I have had in a long long while.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
princessP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-22 2:40 pm   Permalink

What a wonderful transformation!!

I am so glad this is right up the street. I am going taste everything on the drink menu!!

You guys did a great job!!

View Profile of princessP Send a personal message to princessP  Email princessP Goto the website of princessP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-23 1:17 pm   Permalink

Whoa.

There had seemed to be a lot of buzz about Forbidden Island all around town -- and not just from tikiphiles. I had a feeling that last night's Grand Opening would be well-attended, but there just isn't any way to know how something is going to be received until it's out there.

They had to start a line at the door before 6pm. Just a few hours later, the line snaked all the way to the end of the block, maybe even around the corner, and the line remained pretty hefty right up until the end of the evening. I heard of people waiting an hour to get in. Despite the long wait, I only heard and overheard enthusiastically positive comments about everything -- especially the decor and the drinks.

It's going to be very interesting to see what Forbidden Island is like in the weeks to come, but I am just absolutely thrilled, and hopeful that Forbidden Island is going to prove that it's worth the effort to go the extra mile when creating a tiki bar -- the key is giving attention to every detail, and doing it well from soup to nuts. You don't have to pander to the lowest common denominator to have a successful tiki bar -- anybody can appreciate quality.

Bravo, and congratulations!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-23 1:48 pm   Permalink

More pictures please for us poor saps on the other side of the country!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-04-23 3:52 pm   Permalink

After visiting the Mai-Kai for the first time a few years ago I decided when I retire in 20 or 30 years I will move to Florida. Now I think I'll stay in Alameda as long as Forbidden Island is around, or until my liver gives out.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-23 10:28 pm   Permalink

I arrived last night just before 9pm to be told, "Sorry, we're full."
WOW, Who'd a thunk?!? Well I'm disapointed that I didn't get to experience the Forbidden Island but I'm glad to see that the opening was such a success. Congratulations to Martin and the Crew at Forbidden Island!
I guess I'll have to wait a week or so to get my Sidewinder's fang.
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-04-24 08:34 am   Permalink

How I spent my weekend:

drink tally:
Neptune's Garden
China Clipper (2)
Forbidden Island
Coronado Luau Special
Hawaii Kai Treasure (holding in photo)
Krakatoa
Sidewinder's Fang
Coconut Kallaloo
Zombie
Monkeypod
The Combover
Saturn
Captain's Grog
Navy Grog
Pirate Grog

Not a bad drink yet! Personal favorites so far: China Clipper, Monkeypod, Krakatoa.

Good thing they're closed tonight!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation