FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Welcome...to Forbidden Island
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Welcome...to Forbidden Island
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-04-24 2:45 pm   Permalink

Whew! What a weekend- I'm finally coming up for air after one hell of a good time. Ten thousand Mahalos to everyone who made it out for TC night, the grand opening, and last night as well. Or those of you who made all of the above! Are some of you still over there right now? You have to shower once in a while. God knows I do.

I'm really touched by the distances you all travelled to make it out, and I'm sorry that some of you had to wait outside for quite a while. (Royale, we'll get you in for a Fang- sorry about that!) But we can only hold so many, and it's a good thing we were being careful, as we had a visit from Alameda's finest. (SOP, apparently)

A very special thanks to everyone who gave a hand with bussing tables, crowd control, and more. The ohana feeling is alive and well at FI.

See everyone soon- if we haven't met yet, be sure to introduce yourself and say hi!

All the very, very best to everyone here-

martiki

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-04-24 3:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-24 14:45, martiki wrote:
(Royale, we'll get you in for a Fang- sorry about that!) But we can only hold so many, and it's a good thing we were being careful, as we had a visit from Alameda's finest. martiki

It seems the average wait to get in after 6pm was 45mins to an hour!!! Has Alameda ever experienced that long (and that even coming) a line?!?!

I can't wait for Karaoke Wednesdays!!! Wait, Martiki-you don't have a karaoke machine!?!? WE don't need no STINKIN' MACHINE!!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 4:30 pm   Permalink

I must say that Forbidden Island is the hippest and most beautiful establishment on the Island. Based on very positive feedback from patrons, I expect that it's presence is much appreciated. There's nothing like it on the island -- or elsewhere for that matter. Did I mention that Alameda is an ISLAND? Yes, it's an ISLAND. Surrounded on all sides by water, so yes, it's an ISLAND. Ohhh, my allergy medicine is going to my head. Too much fun this weekend.

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-04-24 5:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Are some of you still over there right now?

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley

Posted: 2006-04-24 5:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-04-24 17:08, martiki wrote:
Quote:

I'M sleepy!

ps-that is a nice ZAZZ pin I am wearing!

If you like it,it is ZAZZ! If you don't, give it a RAZZ.

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley 2006-04-24 17:51 ]

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 6:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Yep.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise

Posted: 2006-04-25 08:15 am   Permalink

the forbidden island is soooo beautiful; everyone involved should be awful proud! you can tell that it truly is a labor of love because of it's cool ohana vibe! i had a great time, the drinks were all incredible and super tasty!!!

russell and hubert really loved all the tunes on the juke box...

best of luck, and i can't wait to come back!

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-04-27 5:25 pm   Permalink

Before:

After!:

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-04-28 1:34 pm   Permalink

Before:

Photo by Conga Mike

After:

Photo by Humuhumu

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-28 3:52 pm   Permalink

That is just like some kind of ugly ol caterpillar turning into a beeyootiful Butterfly but with better tasting pollen.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-04-28 6:09 pm   Permalink

Oh what a night! I was so fortunate to be in town on the TCers preview night at the Forbidden Island and meet so many TCers and check out the hard work that the guys have put into creating a sensational tiki meeting place and I sampled a number of drinks (I can remember that one had coconut and macadamia in it and and the others were real nice!) I have posted a couple of my photos taken on that night - Thanks to Mr Smiley for driving myself and friends to the night and taking us to Trader Vics on the way over. Great to meet Otto in person and have a chat about all things tiki in Australia

Hope to drop in for cocktails when I get over to the states again.

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-28 11:42 pm   Permalink

Great pics everybody... I can't wait till my next visit to Nor Cal!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-04-29 10:46 am   Permalink

Tallywacker:

Neptune's Garden
China Clipper (2)
Forbidden Island
Coronado Luau Special
Hawaii Kai Treasure
Krakatoa
Sidewinder's Fang
Coconut Kallaloo
Zombie
Monkeypod
The Combover
Saturn
Captain's Grog (2)
Navy Grog
Pirate Grog
Classic Mai Tai
Suffering Bastard
Missionary's Downfall
La Floridita Dacquiri
Painkiller
Hurricane
Don's Dacquiri
Banana Mamacow
Boo Loo

All superb!

GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-30 1:13 pm   Permalink

That first set of before and after pics should be framed and on the wall somewhere in the bar. What an amazing transformation!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-05-01 10:44 am   Permalink

Last night was a nice uncrowded (but fairly busy) night. Several big shots (executives, chefs) from Trader Vic's came in! They must have liked it because they stayed a while. Plenty of German was spoken. Prost!

newest tally:
Neptune's Garden
China Clipper (3)
Forbidden Island
Coronado Luau Special
Hawaii Kai Treasure
Krakatoa
Sidewinder's Fang
Coconut Kallaloo
Zombie
Monkeypod
The Combover
Saturn
Captain's Grog (2)
Navy Grog
Pirate Grog
Classic Mai Tai
Suffering Bastard
Missionary's Downfall
La Floridita Dacquiri
Painkiller
Hurricane
Don's Dacquiri
Banana Mamacow
Boo Loo
Mystery Bowl (thanks tikicleen and drunkenhat!)
Royal Hawaiian
Island Mai Tai (pretty good as a pineapple tropical drink but I prefer the classic)
Fog Cutter
Chamborlada (need a visit to the dentist after this one, but it was delicious)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation