FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Welcome...to Forbidden Island
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Welcome...to Forbidden Island
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 11:42 pm   Permalink

looks awesome

good luck and all who sail in her

if only my outrigger canoe could make the crossing from our little island to yours...

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2006-01-18 12:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-17 20:32, Chongolio wrote:
Yeah, but will it be wireless?

Chongolio presents a very good idea. At the very least there should be one available computer that is hooked up to Tiki Central. Just make sure it has a spill/vomit proof keyboard.

I must admit this whole Forbidden Island venture sounds great. The only mistake is that it is not within stumbling distance of my home.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSpecs
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-18 01:14 am   Permalink

CONGA-GRATULATIONS!!!

Wish you all the best with this, sounds amazing!!

View Profile of TikiSpecs Send a personal message to TikiSpecs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 01:22 am   Permalink

Another fantastic place to visit when I get across the pond.

Sounds great. Well done for taking on this great venture and for taking us on this great adventure.

Mahalo

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 02:01 am   Permalink

Congratulations guys, another reason to get back over the pond, any Idea when in April you're thinkin of opening as I may be coming through around the 15th.

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 05:50 am   Permalink

Great news and best of luck! It's thrilling to see people keeping the tiki spirit alive and bringing it to the masses. Well, the Alameda masses anyway.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 06:15 am   Permalink

ahhhhh, I'm SO disappointed you're not venturing back into the container shipping business

Seriously, yippee. This is a win/win/win situation: we (NorCal) get yet another BB/Martiki/conga masterpiece collaboration, we (the Pineapples) live nearby, and Aunt Trish gets the opportunity to babysit the little pineapple MUCH more often!

Congratulations fellers, it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch!

xoxox
mrs. p

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 09:43 am   Permalink

KABOOOM! This place is gonna BLOOOW UUUP! (that's a good thing)

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 10:03 am   Permalink

Aloha !
A HUGE thanks to everyone for all the incredible replies and accolades. The TC Ohana are a very special bunch indeed!!
Just a reminder to sign up on our mailing list (
http://www.forbiddenislandalameda.com) Those that do will be privy to promotional give-aways, possible VIP membership cards and of course, will receive an invitation to our Grand Opening...among other tiki-licious events. In fact, if you know folks in Alameda, get 'em to sign up as well.
Mahalo

[ This Message was edited by: Conga Mike 2006-01-18 10:06 ]

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Erika
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 10:05 am   Permalink

And then "Forbidden Island East" will open up in Philadelphia when?

Best of luck!

View Profile of Erika Send a personal message to Erika      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 10:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

...At the very least there should be one available computer that is hooked up to Tiki Central.

I dunno, real tiki bars (imho) are devoid of any kind of LCD, Plasma, CRT, or HDTV screens. It would be nice if there were one place in the world where one or more of these did not reside.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 10:23 am   Permalink

I could NOT be any more excited about this!!

Ok, that's a big fat lie.....

If I lived in Alameda OR if this were happening in Houston, THEN I could be more excited!

But I can always use another excuse to make it out to California, though
Congrats Martin and The Brothers Thanos!
YAAAY!!!
F

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 10:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-18 10:18, Tiki-bot wrote:
Quote:

...At the very least there should be one available computer that is hooked up to Tiki Central.

I dunno, real tiki bars (imho) are devoid of any kind of LCD, Plasma, CRT, or HDTV screens. It would be nice if there were one place in the world where one or more of these did not reside.

The computers ( all macs) wont be upstairs where anybody can see them. They will be downstairs in the covert california command, communication and cuban cigar center.

Chongolio

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 10:40 am   Permalink

That's the tops...congragulations! It's in the best hands possible, too! I smell first class, top knotch....

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbadtikidaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 10:40 am   Permalink

Martin- you were mighty calm cool & collected for it being your last night there.
Now I know why!

This is truly great news & the very best luck to you!

yowza!!

View Profile of bigbadtikidaddy Send a personal message to bigbadtikidaddy  Email bigbadtikidaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation