FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Welcome...to Forbidden Island
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
Welcome...to Forbidden Island
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-19 09:48 am   Permalink

Congrats guys! I'm going to do everything possible to get to the Crawl this year and to celebrate with you!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SES
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-19 9:07 pm   Permalink

Congrats! This is so exciting. Hope everything goes smooth for you all!

SES

View Profile of SES Send a personal message to SES      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-19 9:43 pm   Permalink

Awesome news people! I would love to go there. Mapquest just told me Australia is bloody long way away, didnt even bother calculating it.

Good luck, with that kind of all star team I reckon your gonna have a good time.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Numb Davey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-20 07:19 am   Permalink

You guys have to do a Pirate mug drink in honor of the hapless Raiders..your neighbors in the cellar of the AFC West and my team..sadly but loyally.

A few names you could call it........

The Moss-quito (in honor of Randy Moss)
The Mad Bomber (LaMonica)
The Snake (Stabler)
Bo's Hip Replacement (Bo Jackson)
The Bitter Pill (Marcus Allen)
PSL Painkiller (in honor of the blue collar Raider Nation, who pays the highest personal seat license in the NFL)
The Bad Al (in honor of Al Davis)
The Stork (Ted Hendricks)
The Howie (Howie Long)
The Tooz ( Matuszak RIP)
Alzado's Steroid (Lyle Alzado RIP)
Indestructable Otto (Jim Otto)
Silver and Black (Silver and Dark Rum for the Nation)

Just a few ideas for you, Gents..remember..their is always the A's. I will be there next football season to drink my Raider post game blues away (after Ricky's in San Leandro, of course!

View Profile of Rum Numb Davey Send a personal message to Rum Numb Davey  Email Rum Numb Davey Goto the website of Rum Numb Davey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-20 2:03 pm   Permalink

Holy Makaroni!!!
I'm behind, but I'm still
gonna give big ol WOOOOHOOOO
CONGRATS!!!!!!!
Pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-20 3:22 pm   Permalink

Fantastic news.
I look forward even more to my next trip to the Bay.

Ummm, are you guys gonna have falernum?

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-20 4:53 pm   Permalink

Congratulations to Mike, Manny, and Martin and all involved. Sounds like a slice of tropical heaven.

The Doug Horne version

I have an original One Sheet poster from the 1959 "Forbidden Island" movie that I would be happy to donate if you would like to have it, just send me a PM or email.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-01-20 5:58 pm   Permalink

Wow! Never saw that before! Great minds think alike, Doug.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-20 10:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-20 07:19, Rum Numb Davey wrote:
You guys have to do a Pirate mug drink in honor of the hapless Raiders.

<snip>

Just a few ideas for you, Gents..remember..their is always the A's.

Having a cocktail named after a local team is a great idea, if you're running a SPORTS BAR.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-bot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-21 09:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

Having a cocktail named after a local team is a great idea, if you're running a SPORTS BAR.

Oooh! I have a great idea: We'll open our own bar and make it sports-themed! Imagine, team banners all over the wood panel walls; football helmets & giant screen tv's everywhere - even the bathroom! And busty waitresses and free peanuts and sports trophies lining the barback! And drinks named after every sports team ever (we'll keep the bartender duties simple by just making them all long island iced teas with different swizzles). I can't believe no one's thought of it before.

View Profile of Tiki-bot Send a personal message to Tiki-bot  Email Tiki-bot     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-21 1:41 pm   Permalink

We paid a visit to Palo Alto Trader Vic's last night, to check out the pre-remodel bar one last time... I really hope they take a cue from the San Francisco Trader Vic's and 86 the damned TV at the bar. It really killed the mood. Thankfully, come April I won't care! Are we there yet?!

Thanks also for all the kind words re: the website -- Hanford & Martin did the logo, but I got to draw the flotsam & jetsam for the background -- my first drawing in at least five years! I'm very rusty, but I'm really happy with how it turned out.

A reminder -- be sure to sign up for the mailing list:

http://www.forbiddenislandalameda.com

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-21 5:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-20 16:53, bongofury wrote:
I have an original One Sheet poster from the 1959 "Forbidden Island" movie that I would be happy to donate if you would like to have it, just send me a PM or email.

I was looking for an image of the poster & found these:

[ This Message was edited by: freddiefreelance 2006-01-21 17:19 ]

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-21 6:29 pm   Permalink

So, Forbidden Island is full of gay pirates, armed monkeys, and man-eating sharks? Put some Creedence in the juke and I am so there!

midnite..."pirates, monkeys, and sharks..Oh MY!"

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-21 6:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-20 22:20, cynfulcynner wrote:

I actually don't think it's a bad idea if the drink is tropical in taste and in name, so as to not needlessly rock the boat of sports-clueless Tikiphiles. "The Bitter Pill" sounds like a drink name that might have shown up on a Trader Vic's menu next to "The Stinker".

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrs. pineapple
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-21 9:45 pm   Permalink

Some of my best friends are Raider fans, really, but personally, I think I'd steer clear of a bar with even the slightest nod towards the Raider nation. IMHO. Also, the Oakland Coliseum has the worst interpretation of a Mai Tai ever, it's an abomination! I can only imagine the chaos that will ensue if an A's or Raider's fan wanders in and orders a Mai Tai thinking they'll get something like the one served in the foot long plastic barbell at the Coliseum, mayhem I tells ya!

Anyway - We're looking forward to seeing the Island!

xoxox
mrs. pineapple

View Profile of mrs. pineapple Send a personal message to mrs. pineapple      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation