FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Help Wanted! What are your favorite Trader Joe's items?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Help Wanted! What are your favorite Trader Joe's items?
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 10:15 am   Permalink

I need your help!

My brother is sending me a Trader Joe's care package, and would like to know what to send. Since I'm up in Canada, I'm not very familiar with their products.

I use their BBQ sauce on my burgers, but would like to know what your favorite Trader Joe's items are!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 11:51 am   Permalink

Beer. Almost any type of beer they sell at trader joe's. Of course it depends on what kind you like. You wouldn't buy an IPA for someone that likes stout. You know what I mean? Maybe not such a good care package item, but that's what I'd want. Sorry. I'll go sit in the corner now.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 12:01 pm   Permalink

Haha, thanks for the reply Josh!
Since he's sending this up to Canada, booze can't(legally) be part of it. Trust me, there are SO many bottles of booze I'd like shipped up here it's not funny.

Ok, other than booze

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 1:17 pm   Permalink

Well, that's true. I guess you can't ship beer. I like the ginger snap cookies. Not sure if you're a cookie person, but I love them things.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 1:33 pm   Permalink

Oooh, I love gingersnaps!

First item is gingersnaps!

PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-01-17 3:11 pm   Permalink

Trader Joe's currently has Pyrat White on sale for $7.99! That should certainly be included.

The seeded sourdough wheat bread is one of the best breads I have ever eaten. Sometimes I have a meal of just that and maybe a little wine.

So many wonderful items there.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rob Roy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 3:31 pm   Permalink

Their enchilada sauce & whole wheat pasta.
Everything else I like there is frozen or illegal to ship.

View Profile of Rob Roy Send a personal message to Rob Roy  Email Rob Roy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 3:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-17 15:31, Rob Roy wrote:
Everything else I like there is frozen or illegal to ship.

Isn't that always the case though? Ha!

c10
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-17 3:57 pm   Permalink

Sesame seed coated cashews.

View Profile of c10 Send a personal message to c10  Email c10 Goto the website of c10     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 4:34 pm   Permalink

yummy!

I once had some tiny little round cookies that tasted like fortune cookies.
I'll have to ask for some of those too!

Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 4:37 pm   Permalink

I will second the ginger snaps recommendation they have chunks of real ginger in them. They are called triple ginger snaps and they are yummy! If you are healthy they have some really interesting trail mixes and if you are not so healthy yummy candy check them out online there's a candy blog.

Tikisgrl

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 4:44 pm   Permalink

Yeah, those ginger snaps are really tasty. I also like their chocolate-covered cherries, they have liqueur in them. I imagine this care package won't be refrigerated, so you won't be able to get my #1 favorite, the blue cheese pecan dip.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-01-17 5:30 pm   Permalink

Cherry Almond Crunch! or whatever the cereal is that has the big dried cherries in it. Fantastic flavor! Those cherries are so big and chewy - almost like gummi bears - and the rest of the cereal has a crunchy almond flavor, and when you are done the milk that is left in the bowl is cherry flavored.

My parents visited me this past April, and my dad had a bowl, and he said it was really good - the first time in my life he ever voiced the pleasures of a breakfast cereal.

I also like their ginger flavored Altoids, which I haven't seen anywhere else.

My local Trader Joe's is just a few doors down from the local ABC store, so whenever I buy groceries at Trader Joe's, I usually also stop in to buy some liquor also, or to see if they have anthing on sale or new in stock. Which means that I find myself shopping at Trader Joe's more and more - perhaps for the same reason that W.C. Fields carried whiskey in one pocket in case of a snakebite, and then carried a snake in the other pocket.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 5:32 pm   Permalink

If I remember correctly, Trader Joe's buys up the entire batch from who ever wins the yearly "Best Maple Syrup" contest in Vermont. Don't ask me who the judges are... they might be Trader Joe's accounting staff for all I know. But it's damn yummy.

-Z

oh... and if you can't get it at your local grocery, Soy Vay!

[ This Message was edited by: Feelin' Zombified 2006-01-17 17:35 ]

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mano Tiki Tia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 6:27 pm   Permalink

Rosencrunch and Gildenpop

Some of the best carmel nut popcorn ever

[ This Message was edited by: Mano Tiki Tia 2006-01-17 18:29 ]

View Profile of Mano Tiki Tia Send a personal message to Mano Tiki Tia  Email Mano Tiki Tia     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation