FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tikis at Sea World San Diego?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
Tikis at Sea World San Diego?
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-26 11:24 am   Permalink

Hello again here's a photo from Sea World with a Tiki in the background, it looks to me like it could be at the Hawaiian Punch Village, the railing behind her seems to look like other pictures I've seen of it. The glass contains something vaguely tropical looking, unfortunately the drink doesn't resemble anything I have in my archives and it seems strange (to me) that they would use actual glassware, or maybe it's plastic and I'm not seeing that? Aside from all that it is painfully lacking in any other kind of detail except the bag which has their colors and the Shamu logo.

Enjoy

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-26 5:51 pm   Permalink

Cool photo Bosko.

Here is a anther shot of the Big Ass A-Frame out front.

Pretty easy to figure out where to enter!

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-28 10:56 am   Permalink

Hey DC great photo as always, funny how they had to make things so obvious back then.

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-28 2:40 pm   Permalink

Rare video footage inside the hut with the luau show. !980 commercial.

Starts at !:05 timing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lBsvNqnrMA8#t=64s

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-01 3:32 pm   Permalink

Wow Unga thanks that was painfully short what a bunch of teases, did they have the Luau show in San Diego or was this video from the Florida location? The 86 brochure makes no mention of it but who knows, I also just noticed that by 1986 the Hawaiian Punch Village had been cleverly renamed AL E. GATOR'S RESTAURANT AND COCKTAIL LOUNGE (so that may explain my drink question) obviously the devolution of Tiki was right on track at Sea World.

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-01 8:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-07-01 15:32, TIKIBOSKO wrote:
Wow Unga thanks that was painfully short what a bunch of teases, did they have the Luau show in San Diego or was this video from the Florida location? The 86 brochure makes no mention of it but who knows, I also just noticed that by 1986 the Hawaiian Punch Village had been cleverly renamed AL E. GATOR'S RESTAURANT AND COCKTAIL LOUNGE (so that may explain my drink question) obviously the devolution of Tiki was right on track at Sea World.

It was just a link.

Great Sea World memories!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-11 12:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-08 16:34, Dustycajun wrote:
I recently picked up some new materials from Sea World in San Diego.

A postcard view of the dolphin show and the Hawaiian Punch Village in the background.

DC

Sea World has a large reproduction of that Tiki posted on its historical walkway.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation