FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Black Tiki Mugs...Any info?
Black Tiki Mugs...Any info?
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 7:02 pm   Permalink

Picked these up on ebay...new? old? I've never seen them.....

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 7:27 pm   Permalink

Very cool. I've never seen them but I want one!

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-17 7:40 pm   Permalink

I've got one just like that. Same color glaze. It doesn't appear to be vintage and isn't a high quality piece. Thin walled and probably not meant for long term use. As to origin, don't have a clue.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bete
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 06:28 am   Permalink

Cool mugs!

View Profile of Bete Send a personal message to Bete      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 09:00 am   Permalink

I sorta like the thin wall mugs. If you hand-build a mug, having it lightweight is one of the biggest obstacles.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 11:27 am   Permalink

Yeah, I have one too. It is really thin and lightweight.

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chub
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 12:21 pm   Permalink

That mug is on my wish list. Nice find!

View Profile of Chub Send a personal message to Chub  Goto the website of Chub     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 1:53 pm   Permalink

looks like ya got some sam's seafood original tiki mugs there!!! check out the post card from sabu's post in tiki finds...looks like a shelf full of em' in the shop.....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-18 8:16 pm   Permalink

..in fact, in the postcard, there are three mugs missing from the display...i think you now own them!!!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-19 03:43 am   Permalink

Let's see... the Sam's mugs are brown, and the others are black. The Sam's mugs have a square mouth and the others a figure eight mouth. The Sam's mugs have thumbs up hands and some chest area, while the others have rounded hands that go right up to the chin. The Sam's mug figure is kneeling, while the other mug figure is sitting. The Sam's mug has no decoration, while the other mug has decorative edging top and bottom.

Yeah, those might be the same mug!

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-19 06:04 am   Permalink

They are worthless and quite ugly. Send them to me ; )

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-19 11:02 am   Permalink

Listen to 8ft Tiki, I mean he's a giant Tiki for crust's sake! They're modern. Given the newness of these pieces, most likely of Chinese origin. Not a bad design, better than most.

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-19 9:01 pm   Permalink

they dont look like the Sam's mugs to me- but they are not a new mug.

I have a few of these myself, and I feel they are good scores
You don't see them very often.

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-20 05:08 am   Permalink

They look a little like Mauna Loa Detroit's signature mug but aren't quite that either. Very intriguing.

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation