FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Safety Thread...Read pg. 3
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
Safety Thread...Read pg. 3
Tonga Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-09 09:03 am   Permalink

I am not sure if it has already being stated or not, but not having a Zombie or drinking too many beers before carving or building whatever..is safer. I know - firm grasp of the obvious, but it happens.

View Profile of Tonga Tiki Send a personal message to Tonga Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grapa-RuHa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-10 08:56 am   Permalink

I think i did not read this here (feel free to correct me).

What ever you do, work at your own pace!

I myself being a beginner at carving wanted to rush things so i could show of my tiki to all my friends etc.
Bad idea. Rushing things along while working with sharp (power)tools makes work unsafe. And most of the time the outcome of your work is not as good as it could have been.
So take it easy and take a step back every once in a while, so you have time to think about what you are doing.
Stay save everyone, and if that doesn't work, at least stay creative

View Profile of Grapa-RuHa Send a personal message to Grapa-RuHa  Goto the website of Grapa-RuHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-27 10:45 pm   Permalink

never thought about a safety thread and didn't know about it till johnny p told me to post my photos here. don't think that leather gloves would have stopped me from getting cut as i really jammed it into my finger but i think i could have just superglued the cut as opposed to requiring sutures.

i've never used gloves when using my chisels but after reading this tread i will definitely grab me a nice thick pair next time i'm at the hardware store. i guess a sarong and flipflops is out of the question when firing up the chainsaw!

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-29 05:30 am   Permalink

OUUCHH! Man that Looks like it hurt a bit. Amazing isn't it how when we see this happening to ourselves, we Always immediately realize what we did wrong and the safety precautions we avoided and how we can prevent it from happening again BUT then pick right up where we left off with a promise to "Get some protection" sometime in the future!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-29 3:22 pm   Permalink

I know everyone of my chisels are Blood-thirsty by nature! I give 'em all the respect I can, then a little time goes by and the respect starts to wain and the next thing you know, you've been bit again and the respect thing starts all over!

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation