FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Mai Kai - February 9th!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Mai Kai - February 9th!!!
tastysp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-21 8:31 pm   Permalink

I'm coming down from nyc 12-18th to miami.

View Profile of tastysp Send a personal message to tastysp  Email tastysp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-21 8:45 pm   Permalink

Johntiki - my apologies for not responding sooner - I don't have the luxury to check Tiki Central daily! I am thrilled that this will be your first visit. We will have us a mini Hukilau indeed!

The Best Western Oakland Park is actually where Sven Kirsten stayed upon his first visit to the Mai Kai in 2005 so it looks like we're starting a tradition.

Welcome! I'll PM you my cell number so you can get in touch with me!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-22 05:13 am   Permalink

JT, It'll be great to have you down here. I'd definitely be into joining everyone for a little gathering. You'll have to make a point to catch a drink in the Molokai before getting seated for dinner, It's amazing.

Sorry, I can't help much with the local info as I'm fairly new down here myself.

I look forward to meeting ya!

[ This Message was edited by: HelzTiki 2006-01-22 05:13 ]

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 3:45 pm   Permalink

I am getting psyched for this trip! Thanks for all the hospitality thus far!

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mbonga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 4:00 pm   Permalink

Does everybody know you need a dress shirt to get into the Mai Kai? Or at least you used to. The only time I stopped there to visit, they wouldn't let me in because I was wearing a T-shirt. I didn't have extra time on my trip to go shopping just for a dress shirt just to get into their damned restaurant, so I had to pass. I imagine it's a great place inside, but such a policy seems pointless to me and surely must cost them money in lost business. The weird thing is they didn't care about what type of shoes I was wearing, which is what night clubs are so concerned about. Go figure.

View Profile of mbonga Send a personal message to mbonga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 6:48 pm   Permalink

The Mai Kai has never required formal attire or that of a dress shirt. Normally when I go with friends the guys wear Aloha shirts, same for the dress code at Hukilau. Unless you're extremely casual I can't really see them saying anything to you. The more the Aloha wear the better!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 10:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-21 20:45, tiki_kiliki wrote:
The Best Western Oakland Park is actually where Sven Kirsten stayed upon his first visit to the Mai Kai in 2005 so it looks like we're starting a tradition.

Thats cool , we need to start a " I stayed at the best western oakland park om my first visit to Mai Kai " Club. Sven could be our leader.
I am as excited as you are John , 30 days and counting for me!!!!

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 11:39 am   Permalink

I'm counting down the days now... a week to go! Just wanted to bump it up in case someone missed it and might be interested.

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 5:48 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-06-05 17:34 ]

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 6:40 pm   Permalink

We'll myself and the Mrs. are definitely planning on being there to at least catch a drink in the bar (Unfortunately, we can't stay for the whole evening). So if that works, count us in for 2, I've been needing a little Mutiny in my life.

Yay!

[ This Message was edited by: HelzTiki 2006-02-02 18:41 ]

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-03 08:53 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-06-05 17:35 ]

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-03 12:58 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2009-06-05 17:38 ]

I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-05 08:41 am   Permalink

JohnTiki, I definately plan on attending to just the Molokai bar. Ms. Tiki Kiliki is a very strong possibilty. We'll just pull up chairs to the reserved table. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-05 09:08 am   Permalink

You guys are "KILLIN" me. We made the Mai Kai for Helztiki's birfday and it's hard to think that the Mai Kai is just down the street. JohnTiki have a blast. I can't be there so have one for me.

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-05 8:14 pm   Permalink

Wow! This is shaping up to be one hell of an event - I'm counting down the moments until Thursday! I'm blown away by the response from the Florida ohana! Mahalo everyone - I'm looking forward to meeting y'all!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation