FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Easter Island mosaic - SOLD!
Remove Highlighting
Easter Island mosaic - SOLD!
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-19 09:52 am   Permalink

Just came across this little gem. It's not my sale.
If anyone has an extra $3200 it could be yours.

http://www.1stdibs.com/item.php?id=77131

cheeky half
http://www.velvetglass.com

[ This Message was edited by: cheeky half 2006-01-19 09:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: cheeky half 2006-01-24 16:24 ]

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-19 09:59 am   Permalink

Nice example. I've seen it done in different colors, badly, and also in half the size (only the left half). It must have been a hobby kit.
I got mine for under a hundred bucks...those were the days, sigh.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-19 11:24 am   Permalink

Someone was trying to recreate this mosaic on TC a couple years ago. I wonder what ever happend with that?

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-19 11:43 am   Permalink

3200? That's in Dinars, right?

Dollars! Thirty-two hundred DOLLARS, and not even Canadian!?!

Umm, I am thinking....uh...

Fat Chance!,
Shallow pockets midnite... three grand on hookers and booze? Sure. Moai mosaic? Only if it kisses me when I pay. 'Cause as the Ole Sarge taught me, always get kissed when you're getting...

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-19 5:19 pm   Permalink

Even as I have been slimming down my Tiki collection (and my other varous collections) over the past two years, this item has been, and still is, my personal grail... but $3200? No way.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exotica59
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-19 9:10 pm   Permalink

That's the one piece I would like to own too. I tried a couple of years back to have a person set some of us up with kits, but the results sucked. The person could only come up with the picture done with square tiles, and the blockiness was just terrible as far as I was concerned. I still run a search from time to time to see if somebody out there can do this though...

View Profile of exotica59 Send a personal message to exotica59  Email exotica59     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-20 10:31 am   Permalink

Cheeky,
those velvet glass art pices art fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-23 08:39 am   Permalink

Thanks Digitiki!

The Easter Island mosaic is our holy grail as well, but at $3200 it's still out of our reach. It also wasn't executed quite as well as the one in the BOT or others that have been posted here on tc. The colors are good, but it looks as though they started on the left side and got a bit tired by the time they made it to the other side. Who wouldn't get tired though, that thing is HUGE.

cheeky half
www.velvetglass.com

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 4:26 pm   Permalink

But it's within somebody's reach. Sold for $3200.

cheeky half

midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 6:51 pm   Permalink

But it's within somebody's reach. Sold for $3200

When the Nigerian oil well dividend checks come in; the Koala has long arms! He can reach the most succulent leaves waaayy up on the eucalyptus tree.

Yahtzee!
Koalacharms

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation