FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Pablus' "Crazed Mugs - My Mug Collection" CD nominated for Hawaiian Music Award!!
Pablus' "Crazed Mugs - My Mug Collection" CD nominated for Hawaiian Music Award!!
Kanekila
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-20 09:24 am   Permalink

BIG CONGRATS TO CRAZED MUGS!!

I know Pablus is too shy to mention anything here, so I will. If you click on the following link, and go down to category 16 (Island Contemporary), you'll see that Crazed Mugs - My Mug Collection CD has been nominated for a 2006 Hawaiian Music Award!

Crazed Mugs - My Mug Collection

As a Haole Kats!!! member, I feel honored to have been part of the project, but more so to have met and worked with Pablus, Scott and dear departed and very much missed buddy, Mr. Rusty Key.

Nicer bunch O' mugs you could never meet.

Aloha pumehana,
Kanekila

View Profile of Kanekila Send a personal message to Kanekila  Email Kanekila Goto the website of Kanekila     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-20 09:58 am   Permalink

Congratulations !!!

I voted for you (yes, you can vote online)
Virani

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-20 11:31 am   Permalink

Me shy?

I actually posted the news and a link to the song "Limahuli" WHICH WOULD SOUND GREAT ON FLUTE AND VIBES PLAYED BY A CERTAIN BOSTON BASED EXOTICA BAND in the general forum.

Have I mentioned how good Limahuli would sound as performed by someone say, out of Boston, on say, the flute and the vibes?

Oh. OK.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-20 7:12 pm   Permalink

Congrats To the Crazed Mugs and Pablus!!! I love that CD.
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benehune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-22 11:00 am   Permalink

That is fantastic news. If one has not bought it, they are missing out. The first song has to be listened to at least 20 before one can get all the words, but the you can sing along and have a great time. Besides the fantastic music, there is a very nice homage to TC. Great work guys, and thank you for hours of pleasure.

View Profile of Benehune Send a personal message to Benehune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-25 10:48 pm   Permalink

I voted!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwmn
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-30 5:40 pm   Permalink

This CD is GREAT! I bought two. One for the house, one for the car. I hope there will be more down the line.
Tikiwmn

View Profile of Tikiwmn Send a personal message to Tikiwmn      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HelloTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-01 07:53 am   Permalink

Congrats! I was once a Hoku Awards nominee.
Now I just hang out at my beach house with the groupies and Party! Party! Party!
And forget about what the "sore losers" say...The fame and money will NOT change you.

View Profile of HelloTiki Send a personal message to HelloTiki  Email HelloTiki Goto the website of HelloTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-02 07:16 am   Permalink

<<Congrats! I was once a Hoku Awards nominee.
Now I just hang out at my beach house with the groupies and Party! Party! Party!
And forget about what the "sore losers" say...The fame and money will NOT change you.>>

That's what I'm talkin' about!
I already got a bodyguard who carries a Kini-Kini.
Should I get some hair transplants for the magazine cover shoots?

Help a braddah out.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phillip Roberts
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-10 9:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-02 07:16, pablus wrote:
Help a braddah out.

[ This Message was edited by: filslash 2008-09-15 15:35 ]

View Profile of Phillip Roberts Send a personal message to Phillip Roberts  Email Phillip Roberts     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-02 05:30 am   Permalink

Hey, the awards link is broken. What happened. Did Pablus win? Did he get political during his acceptance speech?
KG

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kanekila
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-02 07:47 am   Permalink

Quote:
Should I get some hair transplants for the magazine cover shoots?

Hey, get in line buddy...

View Profile of Kanekila Send a personal message to Kanekila  Email Kanekila Goto the website of Kanekila     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation