FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The New Rincon Room-New Pix 8/1/06-page9
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
The New Rincon Room-New Pix 8/1/06-page9
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-20 4:40 pm   Permalink

After months of planning, permits, and city approval....

The backyard was dated, the lawn and planters with lots of weeds and non-tropical plants, rotting railroad ties,
etc. The only place in this split level to put the bar was in the upstairs den (where most of the pics were shot from), but not very convenient to the kitchen, yard, etc. So instead of a pool we decided it needed it's own outdoor location.You can see our original lay-out of the room, deck, and spa......was not big enough.

The yard and concrete removed. This was after scraping and painting cielings, new can lights and electrical meter upgrade, garage door, carpet, dual paned windows, relocating sliding door to yard, tankless water heater and repipe after slab leak, water service, stucco, paint, surgery, and and and.....that's why I have been away from TC lately.

The new and improved Rincon Room slab was poured today! Between the patio and the RR will be a pond (10' X 30') and waterfall with a bridge connecting them. Not visible is the new sewar from the front of the house for the full bathroom and wet bar. There is a 2" gas line with several risers for commercial grade torches. The built in barbeque and firepit will be on the patio.

The pond will be where the hose and crew are between the slabs.

Stamping the concrete to look like wood.

Originally the RR was going to be a wood composite deck on a raised 18" slab. Very expensive and would have been difficult for my handicapped nephew to access. Also the County will assess the square footage for the deck and raise the taxes.....but not for stamped concrete. The color of the concrete will look different after we can wash off the release colors.....2 shades of brown. We used a salt rock finish on all the other concrete to give it a lava look. Originally we were going to stain that black like we saw in several resort hotels in the Islands, but our water here is very hard and would have left a white mineral glaze whenever it was washed down. Drink the Rum......not the water.

Thanks to OnaTiki for help with the plans for the city....breezed by without having to go through the planning commission. Hopefully he will be able to come up soon to help with some of the construction since I am still limited in what I can physically do.

I will post more pix as things progress. My wife and I look forward to hosting our fellow TCers and being a stopping point for you between Northern and Southern California now that we are 11 miles closer to Canada.

[ This Message was edited by: bongofury 2006-08-01 21:55 ]

[ Edited by: Bora Boris - Cleaned up some "edited by's" - 2010-11-17 18:36 ]

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-20 4:45 pm   Permalink

Right on Bongofury, looking forward to visiting the new Rincon Room. Whats the estimated time of finishing?

TBird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alldo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-20 4:46 pm   Permalink

Very nice! I'll stop by on my way to go surfing at Ricon or the Ranch. All that work you've done is incredible. Can't wait for more pictures.

-Alldo

View Profile of Alldo Send a personal message to Alldo  Email Alldo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-20 8:43 pm   Permalink

Where's my cabinet??

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-20 11:40 pm   Permalink

I am so glad to hear the will be another Rincon Room!!! Thanks for sharing and please keep us posted!!!
Later,
Spermy

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-20 11:48 pm   Permalink

There were pictures of the old Rincon room in a recent issue of Atomic Ranch, right? I'm so glad that the legacy still lives! I'm truly amazed at the amount of work that's going into this. A new slab, a pond, very cool. The idea of pressed concrete is great, too. Especially if it keeps your property taxes lower. I'm sure it's going to look fantastic when it's done. With all that space, are you going to put any fish anywhere? Tiki bars look better with fish tanks. I'd even come take care of them for you if I was allowed to live in the tiki bar.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-21 04:41 am   Permalink

Bongo,
I love watching projects like this come to life...from the comfort of my own home...I know it can be a mess and frustrating at times, so hang in there and keep the progress reports coming...

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-21 08:37 am   Permalink

Looks great. I've never seen concrete stamped like that before. What a cool idea. Thanks for sharing.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bete
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-21 1:02 pm   Permalink

Nice "teaser" pictures, you got my interst now, before and afters are awesome. I feel like I am watching "Trading Spaces" (tiki edition) in this forum, good luck with the yard project, hope it turns out well!

View Profile of Bete Send a personal message to Bete      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-22 06:29 am   Permalink

Initial pics look cool! That stamped concrete is a great idea too. Nice one. Looking forward to more pics as progress occurs

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-22 07:30 am   Permalink

BongoFUry, everything is looking So exciting. I Really love the Wood Stamped concrete. What a fantastic floor. Can't wait to see how the coloring looks. As the new Rincon room emerges, I'm sure the pictures will blow us away.
HappyHappyHappy

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-22 08:17 am   Permalink

Very Nice! Keep the updates and photos coming - I can't wait to see what comes of this!

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-01-22 3:39 pm   Permalink

Bongo!!! You're thinking big and I love it!!!!

Great start on the project, I can't wait to to see more updates

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-22 8:14 pm   Permalink

Hey Bongo,
The pad is lookin good ! I can't wait to see it in real life sometime in the near future! Good to see your post!

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-22 8:21 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the great post!

Eventually, we are going to build a similar external tiki structure. Seeing the step-by-step process is really interesting, and very helpful. We've just got the cement foundation which doubles as a patio for the moment.

Can't wait to see what happens next!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation