FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The New Rincon Room-New Pix 8/1/06-page9
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
The New Rincon Room-New Pix 8/1/06-page9
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-17 8:47 pm   Permalink

I just love those bar stools, then entire thing looks great.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-07-17 10:37 pm   Permalink

Thank you all again. You rock! I have been extremely busy with air conditioning service due to the weather and have not had as much time to work on it, but here is the latest.....

Detail under the a-frame over the bar

Red float on loan from the TikiTony collection

Composite deck boards for the bridge

Side trim and posts/rope yet to be installed on the bridge. We still have the original 7 koi plus Mrs. Fury's sister brought us a tadpole to add to the pond, but we have not seen it for a couple of days.

OnaTiki finished the bar tile last week and is on to other projects. Mucho mahalos for getting us to this stage and for making the long drive up each week.

Close up of the tapa detail (Mahalo to TikiTony for contacting Alan & Michael (SpongeBob Squarepants) and letting me make stencils from some of their artwork......they may also be at the ITD party)

I wired up the red float with a nice soft white light. I am tired of looking at the greenboard and look forward to detailing the interior.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-18 09:17 am   Permalink

Lookin' muey fantastico, Bongo!

...and All!

( where's my cabinet going??

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-18 1:25 pm   Permalink

Very nice. It looks very comfortable and relaxing. Congrats.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-07-18 2:28 pm   Permalink

GROG already making plans for ITD.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-18 4:06 pm   Permalink

Grog = ROFL....A++

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MTKahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-18 5:12 pm   Permalink

Niceness...
Great job. When's the christening???

View Profile of MTKahuna Send a personal message to MTKahuna  Email MTKahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-18 9:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-18 14:28, GROG wrote:
GROG already making plans for ITD.

LOFL!!!

( Lauugh out Freakin' Loud!!! )

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-19 11:13 am   Permalink

well ive got to say that it looks GOOD! good work

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-22 10:55 pm   Permalink

hey Tony, that light looks familiar

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-23 07:03 am   Permalink

BF-That is bombastic! I'm in the same mode (yard tikification). Wish I'd started following your thread earlier and maybe my ideas and progress would be different, although I'm happy with the little bit I've accomplished so far. You've done some great things here so I'll keep checking back!

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-23 10:13 am   Permalink

That looks so freakin great. The glass globe lamp is perfect. The pond/bridge/rocks/plants look so natural! I can't wait for next years project when you tear down the house and create your Tiki inspired '50s throwback theme home. Maybe something like this -

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PalmPlanter

Posted: 2006-07-25 10:40 pm   Permalink

Lookin' good Ron!

It's your brother- Steve
Figured this screen name fitting as any- since I'm getting sick of digging holes for new 24 & 36" box palms & single birds. Pretty sad when all the nursurys know me by my 1st name now.

Wow- your yard has come along way since I saw it last. Pond looks awesome. I'll be picking your brain soon on your pond install. With all this heat- had huge issues w/ green water (single cell algae). Bought a new filter w/ UV light & clear water again. Make sure your filter will accept a big UV light, you might need it. Are you using a Savio skimmer/filter?
Finished my BBQ island 3 weeks ago, came out pretty nice if I do say so. Planting a new 24" box Foxtail tonight to replace the deceased one. I'll plant the Mazari Palm in a few days. I'll trade you soil conditions. Dig a hole & it's solid rock here. Much more rock than dirt. I actually had to buy dirt to fill my planter I just finished! When I removed the rocks- there was nothing left but hole. Hurry up & finish so you can come over here & help me dig holes & trenches.
Can't wait to see your yard in person.

View Profile of PalmPlanter Send a personal message to PalmPlanter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-26 06:16 am   Permalink

Really looks Nice and friendly, Calling me to come on in. All it's missing is People, food and Rum drinks. You guys have done an Excellent job with this, Way above and beyond the norm!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-26 11:14 am   Permalink

The A frame hut is looking great, & i love that rattan chair as well!

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation