FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The New Rincon Room-New Pix 8/1/06-page9
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
The New Rincon Room-New Pix 8/1/06-page9
tikitony
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-07-26 3:33 pm   Permalink

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-26 3:42 pm   Permalink

Hey polynesiac, do you have a pic of the event necklace to show us?

TBird

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
burningman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-26 7:47 pm   Permalink

I just went and read through this thread and I gotta say that clam shell sink blew me away I love it. Once it's all together I'm requesting another pic of it
the entire project is fantastic!

View Profile of burningman Send a personal message to burningman  Email burningman Goto the website of burningman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-08-01 9:54 pm   Permalink

Thanks again everyone.......BambooBen (your favorite cabinet is in the loft), MT Kahuna (August 12), Grog, TikiDuddy, Surf n Turf (you should be happy with what you have done, I just saw your A-Frame & carving.....awsome), jpmartdog (no more construction, but that pic is cool), Benzart (this is your West coast guest room), TikiBird (Polynesiac posted the necklace in ITD), Burningman (2 shots of the sink, I will try to post the one inside the house.....it's just a resin planter), and PalmPlanter.......hello bigbro, very cool to see you post here. 24" & 36" boxes? Sounds like we need to see photos of your tropical yard. You didn't trade your street rod for a surfboard or outrigger did you? No problem here with the algae. Just using a biological filter, no uv.

TikiTony's post covers

Tub spout at sink is temporary, but good for testing.

Rincon Room bathroom is fully functional now.

Small amount of algae on the rock is food for the koi.

Bathroom wall/ceiling

The weather has turned more June-like. Morning fog made for a change in plans. We spent the weekend installing sprinklers and sod so just getting back to the room. Still should have inspection this Friday. ITD will happen inspection or not.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-08-01 11:28 pm   Permalink

Lookin' good. GROG like.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sur2baja
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-02-17 08:49 am   Permalink

Awesome yard! I'm doing something very very similar. I live down in Fallbrook and was worried about the sun and water damage to stained wood so I ended up painting mine. I like your carvings on the posts and beams. One question though, how did you do your "rusting". I got the impression that you painted verses acid washed it. I'm using the home depot sheets of corrugated metal so I would like your thoughts on it, especially on how it's holding up through the winter. Thanks for the reply and once again, it looks awesome!
Fred

View Profile of sur2baja Send a personal message to sur2baja      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-25 03:53 am   Permalink

bump... any more pics??

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2010-08-26 5:33 pm   Permalink

Bongo ~ I hope that invite still stands the next time I'm out visiting in Cali.. Ventura county... Your place looks awesome man...
Aloha

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-08-26 8:55 pm   Permalink

Beachbumz....nice meeting you at Oasis, welcome anytime...looks like I need to update those tiny pix. Here's a couple for now...

These are from a couple months ago as the plumeria are in bloom now

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-27 10:23 am   Permalink

Man, the place looks stellar, Ron!
Thanks for the invite but I think we're tapped on resources to head down for this one.
Mahalo, too for the dvds & hope you dig your "Under the Midnight Sun" CD.
Aloha to Mickee, too!
-Andy

"Exotica Album of the Year"
2011 Hawaii Music Awards~!

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-27 9:47 pm   Permalink

One of these days Ron, I'm going to get down in your neck of the woods!

Just missing this one as we'll be heading out to the Bay Area end of September.

Maybe if I come out in December I'll get to the Rincon Room finally. Have to see how things pan out.

The place is looking great!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz

Posted: 2010-09-01 4:50 pm   Permalink

Ron ~ WOW! Your place looks wonderful and this is all in your backyard??? too cool... I just met Bill and Joyce from the Tiki Shaker's yesterday here at our shop, listening to there cd they gave me as I type, I LOVE IT! Wish I could make it to the Rincon Room for the show, hopefully next time.

ALohA

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIWAGON
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-09-02 08:18 am   Permalink

This is the most fantastic tiki bar we have ever been too, we are so jealous!! There is so much detail, you can't take it all in, we just love visiting you guys, shame we arn't about for this Saturday, as we would love to be there! And Ron and Mickee are just the best hosts, we had the pleasure in staying with them for a night last year, and we got treated so well, we didn't want to leave!
Have a great time on Saturday and have a drink for us!!
xx.

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-17 6:15 pm   Permalink

A couple of photos taken by a friend last year. I can turn the photos from my Epson Scanner page but it won't save the changes. Maybe someone else here can adjust them for us.

[ Edited by: Bora Boris - Straightened the pictures. - 2010-11-17 18:34 ]

Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-17 8:09 pm   Permalink

The Rincon Room is off the charts!

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation