FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Rodeo's stuff. new update 27nov
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Rodeo's stuff. new update 27nov
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-22 7:31 pm   Permalink

nice work Rodeo....good to have some more pics.....you getting good carving weather up there?
Should look very cool with the pinstripes.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-23 06:16 am   Permalink

Wow! Yes indeedee! He looks even better outside. Without the flash glare we can really see how much work you put into this guy. Very impressive. I like the idea of putting the stringers on the board, that will really set the piece off. Way to go and thanks for posting another set of pics. It looks great.

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-23 8:20 pm   Permalink

Hey Rodeo I dig that surf'n tiki.
I really like the two tone look and the tiki has a nice old look to him and thats a good thing.
Keep up the cool carving.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 06:00 am   Permalink

He looks better in the sun, as most things to do with surfing. He's got some old skool personality.

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 08:25 am   Permalink

I agree, the sun lets him show off his great detail not seen before. Super nice job on this guy Rodeo.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 12:40 pm   Permalink

Aloha everyone.

Will, I am not sure if its red cedar, I used stain on the body and just poly on the board for this one. Thanks for the advice on getting a carving bar. I will get one soon.

Polynesiac, No commissions here. Just carving for fun.

Conga , it snowed here on Saturday. But the weather is getting better.

Gman,Swampfire,JohhnyP and Master Benzart thanks for the kind words.

Fire head is starting to take shape, I tried to cut in deep to make the features stand out. I am now sanding and trying to clean up all the edges of the flames. Still have to add some teeth and whatever else comes to mind. I am sure it will tell me when its done.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bete
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 1:23 pm   Permalink

That is SO COOL looking!

View Profile of Bete Send a personal message to Bete      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 4:03 pm   Permalink

Cool man! Love the surf tiki and the flame tiki. WHats your plan as far as colour for the flame tiki? I think leave him in a light stain, but give the flames some blended accents which blend into the natural wood colour.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 4:20 pm   Permalink

WOW! That Rocks!

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 4:32 pm   Permalink

He is looking mighty fine, rodeotiki. Can't wait to see how this one turns out.

I really like surftiki as well.

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 5:41 pm   Permalink

verrrrrrrrrrrrry verrrrrry nice Rodeo.....how you gonna do the flames....will the fire be
painted? This is gonna be a great one no matter what you do.....cool.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 11:02 pm   Permalink

Hell ya rodeo.... upping the bar again!

Nice work!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-24 11:56 pm   Permalink

Your work is Beautiful Dude the Eye ball wings rock . .

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-25 05:08 am   Permalink

Rodeo,
Yesssir Reeee. I really dig this guy. Your style is coming through full on. As always looking forward to seeing how this one finishes. By the way, what tools did you use to get into the flames?

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SCTikiShack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-04-25 08:21 am   Permalink

Rodeo,

Bomber job using the sapwood and the heartwood to create a three dimensional affect. Your tikis seem to be kind of Hotrod Style. Is that what you are into?
Killer Job.

Will

View Profile of SCTikiShack Send a personal message to SCTikiShack  Email SCTikiShack Goto the website of SCTikiShack     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation