FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Rodeo's stuff. new update 27nov
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Rodeo's stuff. new update 27nov
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-03 3:21 pm   Permalink

Well the stain didn't quite turn out how I had thought it would. I am now thinking that maybe I should have just used a neutral colored sealer or even just varnish. But I did want it to have some color and I thats what I got. Anyways , Here is the almost finished carving with the first few coats of poly on.

I am happy with the way it turned out and hope the new owner will like it also.

C&C welcomed and appreciated.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bete
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-03 3:43 pm   Permalink

It looks very cool, nice job!

View Profile of Bete Send a personal message to Bete      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-03 4:04 pm   Permalink

it looks great! the grain really makes the flames look cool

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-03 10:03 pm   Permalink

Seriously... rodeo... that grain is off the charts!

Nice piece man. Go get yourself a drink!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-04 12:07 am   Permalink

Carving looks cool - maybe go darker with the background colour? Like real dark to accentuate the flames more? I don't feel the lacquer you got happening now does justice to your carving skills - ain't that a backhanded compliment?

Love the business card holder too - very cool.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-04 07:02 am   Permalink

That came out great. I think you started a whole new style or segment.
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-04 6:46 pm   Permalink

WOW Rodeo, that grain gives the Flame Real Sizzle. Nice job, even though you didn't plan it that way. The Tiki is great too.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-04 7:13 pm   Permalink

Rodeo.....you are so happening, I love this piece. Next time you come out here, you are bringing one with you. I will pay for the tickets for both of you.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-05 04:14 am   Permalink

Rodeo,

Be careful the tires on those bikes don't melt. That is one hot tiki.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 11:16 am   Permalink

Just started yesterday. I am trying to carve at least 2 hours everyday. I am going to take a shot at vending at a tattoo and kulture show in sept. So I need to get my skills improved and stock up.

Mahalo for looking.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 11:38 am   Permalink

Congrats RT...your work has really takend a major step up. Wish I could get in two hours a day. Good for you and best of luck with the vending. Keep us informed.

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 11:53 am   Permalink

Rodeo this new carving is looking awesome.
Loki's right, your stuff is getting better and better.
I can't believe how much you've done since yesterday when it was just a log!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 12:48 pm   Permalink

Nice work rodeo!I think your stuff would do well at an event. Keep up the great work and good luck!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-05-17 1:45 pm   Permalink

Great start on the new one, only started yesterday? You're gettin' fast, bro! I dig the little skull he's holding.

I had missed the pic of the flame tiki all finished up and I have to say that tiki is one of the coolest I've seen! The stain actually ADDS to the flame - see how it brings out the grain around the flames? It makes it look ALIVE. Totally awesome! I'm glad you chose not to paint it red, I think that would have destroyed the beautiful grain patterns in the wood. I bet the new owner is very pleased! good luck with prepping for vending! keep us posted on what ya do!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-17 3:44 pm   Permalink

Good effort Rodeo....I also like the skull...loooks coool....see....it's a good thing you didn't
ditch the tools....

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation