FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Rodeo's stuff. new update 27nov
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Rodeo's stuff. new update 27nov
Bete
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-21 12:28 pm   Permalink

Cool that it's made of cedar. Cool looking tiki. So cool you are donating it for a charity auction. Someone will be very lucky to win that.

View Profile of Bete Send a personal message to Bete      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-21 1:09 pm   Permalink

Rodeo he's so great, I especially love his forehead & head dress, his interlocked hands and his belly.
I can't wait to see what you do next!

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Alldo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-21 4:31 pm   Permalink

He looks like an ancient tiki from deep within the tropical jungle. I love the deep cuts and color. More more more.
-Alldo

View Profile of Alldo Send a personal message to Alldo  Email Alldo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-21 5:12 pm   Permalink

I love the grain & dark patina, did you burn him lots? He looks like he's been touched & rubbed by thousands of passing Tiki bar patrons for luck.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-21 9:14 pm   Permalink

Rodeo, love to see your new stuff! Seems like we both started out like gangbusters right around the same time, but slowed down a bit lately. I like the witco-like dark grain. It must feel good knowing it went to a good cause. Good Karma for your next carve! Keep it up, my friend!

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-22 8:03 pm   Permalink

Mahalo again for the kind words

Yup , he got the torch and a good scrubbin with a wire brush. I really dont have any clue as to getting a proper finish but it seems to work okay.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-22 9:55 pm   Permalink

Looks great Rodeo. They just keep getting better! I love how this one looks from behind too. Wait...that sounded pervy...

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-01-23 10:48 pm   Permalink

Rodeo! this one is great! I love that first picture you posted- the contrast of jungle/polynesia and snow is outrageous. Best one yet, definately worth the wait.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 11:49 am   Permalink

Rodeo........(always loved your T.C. name)
We should have a midwest tiki event called the tiki rodeo.
Cowboy hats, hawaiian shirts, tiki and hot rods....It'd be cool.
But I'm sidetracking....I love this tiki. Pictures in the snow are the best. Ya got kids don't ya? Its tough to balance out family, jobs, art, cars and kids aint it? Ya wanna carve but ya still want to be great dad. Try telling them that youd rather carve than play, just doesn't work.

You seem to have a nice balance of it. Your art is awesome.

Its nice you can carve in the garage. I don't like the sawdust all over my engines, parts and car. So I carve out in the carport off the garage. Last time I roughed out my Moai it was 15 degrees. Those tropics carvers just don't know what they are missing.

Stain sure takes a long time to dry though doesn't it. Spar takes FOREVER.

Awesome tiki rodeo.....just talks to ya.

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-26 12:17 pm   Permalink

That's a fine piece of tiki there, rodeo. He has lots of personality too with a vintage feel to him.

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-01-26 1:46 pm   Permalink

Rodeo another carving comes out great cant wait to see more

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-28 2:46 pm   Permalink

Mr Dale , your so right about finding the balance between play time and time to carve. My wife and kids are cool and I can get some time in during the day when the minions are at school. I wish I had engines to worry about getting dusty ( I hate my minivan)

Thanks Sam and Marcus , very appreciated from such talented artist such as your selves.

Heres a shot of some progress on the surftiki I started awhile ago. Some final sanding and its ready for stain. I took the torch to him today.
I am planning on staining the tiki dark and the board with just varnish. I did try something different and masked off a simple flame pattern and will add a thin colored stripe down the middle later..

Thanks for looking and feedback is always welcomed

[ This Message was edited by: rodeotiki 2006-01-28 14:47 ]

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-28 2:54 pm   Permalink

AA , we did start out about the same time . How did you get so good ?
Thanks for the comps.

JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-28 3:10 pm   Permalink

I don't think you are the slowest carver, but you are a great carver. I like the surf look ( I live in the wrong state, but have the right state of mind). Nice torch work, I kept trying to figure out what kind of wood it was, then I read what you wrote.
What's the weather like up there today?
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-28 3:11 pm   Permalink

whaddayamean slow...you just posted the beautiful auction tiki 8 days ago....and now
we get another nice one....great work and it seems like you are on a pretty quick pace....

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation