FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving TikiGap's thread - Tiki 20 and other travels - Page 22
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
TikiGap's thread - Tiki 20 and other travels - Page 22
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-02 07:02 am   Permalink

Here's the next project - something small to try out some new Flexcut tools in preparation for Coon Tiki next month. He is 'paddle man', modeled after a petroglyph on Kilauea in Hawaii.

[ This Message was edited by: tikigap 2006-08-25 07:43 ]

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-02 4:11 pm   Permalink

That's a neat idea. You could do a bunch of different ones, like the turtle and canoe!
JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-02 4:45 pm   Permalink

TG, I Love your little PAddle man, that is Way Cool and Nice job of it too!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-02 5:18 pm   Permalink

yeah i'm a fan of the paddle man as well. It's, dare i say....Sleek and sexy? Small and cute! I love it. The ELF tiki was funny as well, although the 2nd tiki you created is my personal favorite, it just has that polynesian feel to it. Keep up the good work, man!

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-03 6:20 pm   Permalink

Finished!

PS: No power tools were harmed in this project. It was only a hook knife and a coping saw.

Actually, I guess I hit it with a dremel brush, just to sort of dust it off...but I didn't hurt the brush

[ This Message was edited by: tikigap 2006-09-27 19:44 ]

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-06 6:30 pm   Permalink

This is Spearman. He's the companion to Paddleman. Another petroglyph in Hawaii. He's not done yet, but there is some progress. Take a look please, and I'd appreciate some guidance on sanding. Should I sand it at all, or leave him 'au natural' with chisel marks? It's hard to see in these pictures, but he's really quite smooth. When I stain and poly the walnut, I hope to see more detail in the pictures.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/gapster/tiki6.htm

Thanks for any comments...

[ This Message was edited by: tikigap 2006-03-07 10:21 ]

PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 6:35 pm   Permalink

very cool. You're a skilled craftsman. Anyways i made one of my latest tiki minis in your honor so take a look at it sometime.

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-06 6:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks Pocky! I'm honored!

[ This Message was edited by: tikigap 2006-03-06 18:47 ]

PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-06 6:48 pm   Permalink

hehe you're welcome! You've just been one of many members on this site who's been extremely welcoming and you're considered pretty much a new Tiki contact if i need help with anything. (if thats ok with you) lol.

tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-06 6:59 pm   Permalink

Of course and thanks again!

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-07 1:07 pm   Permalink

Tikigap, I don't know how I missed this "Spear man" but he is really cool. I hope you are going to do a whole series on these Petroglyphs, as you have already done 2 more than anyone else ever did, I think. I would have sanded it before the sealer, using a rotary sanding bit for the flexshaft, although the chance for the tool to destroy such a delicate piece is about 98%, so you would have to be careful. Really neat! I can't wait to see the whole set of what, 500 pieces??.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-07 5:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-03-07 13:07, Benzart wrote:
I can't wait to see the whole set of what, 500 pieces??.

Wow! That's a challenge for sure! I have a few ideas for a 'few' more... Thanks for the tips on the finish. I'll try that on the next one.

Thanks for looking.

tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-08 7:21 pm   Permalink

Oh dammm.

I got hurt tonight - first time. Like Swanky, I got a couple of knuckle scrapes, but tonight I got a good one!

I might need a stitch or two!

But the red looks good on the walnut!

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-08 9:17 pm   Permalink

We eill have None of that now. When you are cutting into a piece of wood, STOP and chack out the second angle you can cut from, Theres Always 2. Make sure your fingers are NOT in the path of the blade, or it WILL get you. I will explain more at the seminar.

tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-03-08 9:54 pm   Permalink

I'm okay - no stitches. It's a jab tho. It's kinda a badge of honor. I shudda been jabbed before. It just happenned tho... I knew it was gonna jab me about 1 second before it happened. I watched it happen! It was wierd! It was totally avoidable!

The power of the chisel!

[ This Message was edited by: tikigap 2006-03-08 21:58 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation