FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving TikiGap's thread - Tiki 20 and other travels - Page 22
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
TikiGap's thread - Tiki 20 and other travels - Page 22
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-13 8:24 pm   Permalink

ST, Benjamin, JohnnyP and BenzArt - wow! Thanks for your comments, and thanks for lookin.

JohnnyP - you inspired the pig you know, GMAN's pig pictures too, but your work in the genre of slit gongs is really fantastic - thanks.

Ben - the eyes are pretty funny - I'll PM the story to you someday.

Thanks again all -

Oink on!

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-13 8:34 pm   Permalink

wow, i literally just wanna sink my teeth into that little oinker. yum yum. great job!

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-28 6:59 pm   Permalink

Here's the happy recipient of the pig, and the first pictures (only pictures) of the pig in the sun. It's finally out of my house and hair!

The recipient:

He liked it!

Basking in the sun:

Hangin up at the party - it took a beating that night.

Thanks again GMAN and JohnnyP and of course Ben.

Now. On to the next ... stone maybe.

gap

[ This Message was edited by: tikigap 2007-05-29 07:17 ]

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-28 7:16 pm   Permalink

That's a fine hog....I'm impressed....and inspired to go out and ground-check some pork. Here piggy piggy....

-G

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-28 8:10 pm   Permalink

Hi Gapper...I was wondering what happened to you....in fact....I was going to inquire on TC
as to your whereabouts.
Nice pig.....makes me hungry for the pork rib roast sitting in my freezer.
Are we gonna see more bats or something?

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-29 01:01 am   Permalink

Super pix and very nice pig.

Benj

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-29 05:58 am   Permalink

Hey thanks you guys - I appreciate the comments!

I forgot to mention - Conga: Yeah, I have orders for 3 bats! Thanks again!

[ This Message was edited by: tikigap 2007-05-29 07:15 ]

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-29 5:26 pm   Permalink

T-Gap, I'm glad the Piggy found a good home. He was a Fun project, for us anyway, and you did a great job with a unique piece of wood.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-30 09:49 am   Permalink

Hey thanks Ben... and everyone else. I hafta admit, even with all the trouble I had, it was still fun for me too. Now no more excuses for me. I've got to get back to the carving bench and try some more.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-08 7:23 pm   Permalink

TGap, Where are you hiding these days? Come back and say Hello. Hello Hello?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-08 7:45 pm   Permalink

Wow. That was weird.

Here I am sittin around watching a show on DIY about wood sculpting, and this guy is carving 'wood spirits' and doin a very nice job of it. Anyway, he's showing us how to carve eyes, (which I have a history of having problems with ).

Then I think of Ben, who has shown me a couple of times, of how to carve eyes. Wow.

Well damn if I don't get an email, at that very second, from TC saying someone posted to my thread! So I logon and look, and it was Ben! That's amazing. Thanks man.

I've been lurking around TC for a while, but I haven't done any carving. A whole bunch of stuff has happened in the last 3 months (got wacked at work; then found much better job closer to home etc...), and a whole bunch of other stuff - good and bad. But all is well now.

Anyway, it's even weirder that today I started carving a simple moai for my tiki bathroom. And I started carving it out of a palm log that Ben gave me in Florida last summer! Dang!

Thanks buddy! The vibes are good!

JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-11 6:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-08 19:45, tikigap wrote:

.....today I started carving a simple moai for my tiki bathroom. And I started carving it out of a palm log that Ben gave me in Florida last summer!

How is it turning out? We've been waiting.

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-11 7:51 pm   Permalink

Aw geez JP... thanks for your interest. The sad truth is that I'm still slackin. The bathroom thing is on perma-hold, until I come to grips with making a 'face' tiki. I hear those are bad these days...

Here's it's status, anyway:

Relegated to the shop floor for a while...

I did make another bat recently and gave it away,

but that's about it.

So what about you! Damn that crock drum is awesome! That was so cool. GMan should play it and post the sound of it up here for us to listen to. (I should post this over on your thread!)

I've been layin low around here because the bar is really really high, and I just can't dedicate enough time to carving to get better! I mean you guys rock. You, Conga, GMan, Ben, tama, paipo, buzzy, lake, all you guys...

The list goes on and on and it'll be a while before it includes me... but I aint dead yet.

Merry Christams and Happy New Year and all the other holidays too, for that matter!

Greg

JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-10 06:06 am   Permalink

Bump---where you been?

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-10 07:41 am   Permalink

Yeah, Any more Weird messages?? Been Missing you around these parts, Hope all is well with you. Come show us what you are up to!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation