FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving TikiGap's thread - Tiki 20 and other travels - Page 22
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 )
TikiGap's thread - Tiki 20 and other travels - Page 22
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-10 09:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-10 07:41, Benzart wrote:
Yeah, Any more Weird messages?? Been Missing you around these parts, Hope all is well with you. Come show us what you are up to!

Well hello fellas! - JP, Ben, and everyone else. It has been a while - and I've been remiss! It's great to hear from you and thanks for checking in on me. I'm glad to see you guys are still at it - and that Ben is all healed up

Life has been catching up with me, (kids in college, new job, surgery (gall bladder out! Ewww!), lots of travel etc.), so I have not been doing enough of my own stuff - I have had almost zero time to carve for the last 6 months or so. I have been lurking on TC though, and checkin out the great stuff - you guys amaze me.

I did finally finish the palm log (my Tiki #20) Ben gave me to drag home a while back - I call it "Bathroom Tiki". I know, it's just another 'face tiki', but it's what my wife would allow me to put up in the BR.

I made a rubber stamp (or four) for a border around the BR, and carved out some molding for around the mirror, and stuck the #20 on the wall:

It aint much, but it was at least some carving

I went to San Francisco on business a month ago and visited
the Tonga Room in the Fairmont Hotel, and Trader Vics in Emeryville.

Also, I just got back from 2 weeks in Alaska (zero tiki - none - nada), but I did get to see some fantastic totem carves, which has inspired me to pick up the mallet again. Also, at the suggestion of TabooDan, I stopped by the Waldorf Hotel in Vancouver BC to see the Tahitian Room.

Thanks again, and I should be posting again real soon, hopefully with some examples of better-quality work.

Greg

[ This Message was edited by: tikigap 2008-07-10 09:42 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikigap 2008-07-10 18:57 ]

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-10 2:53 pm   Permalink

Hey Greg
Nice to hear that you are still around these parts, and nice job with the
bathroom re-do. The carving is cool...even tho it's "just" a head

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-09 9:03 pm   Permalink

It's been a long time.

I'm going to post a few carvings I have done since my last post in 2008. Here's the first one - from a piece of bamboo Ben gave me. A Zombie lamp. Did this a couple years ago.

I'll post some other random stuff in a bit.

I've been missin you guys!

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-10 04:44 am   Permalink

Hi "old timer," nice to see you popping in. Not many of us left from "Coon Tiki I"
anymore, I guess we might have been the middle group of the TC carving community. Nice
lamp, show some more stuff when you have time.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-24 11:15 am   Permalink

Hey T-Gap, Great to see that "Bathroom Tiki" finally done. looks good and the bamboo lamp is Awesome,Glad you finally did that too.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation