[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Lava Wall in Progress
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Lava Wall in Progress
LavaLounger
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-01-27 11:01 am   Permalink

Wow, thanks again for all your backpats! Makes all the trouble, cussings, and headaches worthwhile. I can't tell you all the nights I laid awake trying to figure out how to get the look I wanted....and the couple failed attempts.

I will have to say what impresses me are the tiki carvings you people make...I'd give my, um, right arm to do that, but the way I work, I'd probably lop off an eyebrow or ear if I took up power tools and chisels.

BTW - I do have a main tiki bar area in the basement and the little "lava lounge" was originally a storage closet in the bar area that has an 8" concrete slab on top and concrete walls that was designed as a storm shelter. I hated thinking about sitting down there among boxes, spiders, and cobwebs during tornado warnings, so this sort of evolved as a fun place to do our "tornado time".

When I get the rest of the bar done, or at least sorta done, I'll send along pics, but it's not as "different" as the lavalounge. I did manage a couple other peculiar projects like hiding those dam support posts that are in teh middle of the room in plain sight. Ha ha!

LavaLounger
Broke the blender yesterday - Life is in crisis now.

View Profile of LavaLounger Send a personal message to LavaLounger  Goto the website of LavaLounger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 1:40 pm   Permalink

Man that is cool Mr. Lava.....I've spent alot of time in Kansas.....Salina.....Meade....Tescott (huge ville)....Never seen any Volcanos.....seen a girl or two get red hot and lit up!
That wall is awesome and I far as know completely original here on T.C. Great Job.
Where in tha land of Ahs are ya?

-Happy Skull-ptures---

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTikiBoom
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 1:45 pm   Permalink

I have been racking my brain trying to figure out how to get the "lava" look here in my bar and now you have given me some inspiration!

It's fantastic! Looking foward to some step by step pics!

Tonight, we will have a big feast. And then, at the end of the feast, we will climb to the top of the Big Woo, and you will jump in. Okay?

View Profile of TikiTikiBoom Send a personal message to TikiTikiBoom  Email TikiTikiBoom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bete
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-27 3:22 pm   Permalink

Very, very cool wall you did there.

View Profile of Bete Send a personal message to Bete      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation