Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts creating home bar
creating home bar
aikiman44
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-23 4:55 pm   Permalink

Okay, I'm finally creating the home bar. What I have is a 6' by 4' opening through the den wall into the bar. I'd like to build a frame for some thatch over the opening. Any suggestions on building the frame and applying the thatch would be appreciated.

Also, the back of the bar room itself is wood. Is there anything to clean or brighten up the wood? Is there anything to put on the bar top?

I put up some home depot shelves in the den for my mugs, but I'm not in love with them. Is there some sort of bamboo or other material to put on the front edge of the shelves?

Thanks for any replies.

View Profile of aikiman44 Send a personal message to aikiman44  Email aikiman44 Goto the website of aikiman44     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 5:51 pm   Permalink

Let's see some photos of the space. Then I'm sure the suggestions will follow...

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI DAVID
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 6:44 pm   Permalink

WHERE ARE YOU?

View Profile of TIKI DAVID Send a personal message to TIKI DAVID  Email TIKI DAVID     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aikiman44
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 6:57 pm   Permalink

I'm in NY. The bar room is separated from the den by a 6' by 4' opening in the wall. Are recommendations possible based on this description?

View Profile of aikiman44 Send a personal message to aikiman44  Email aikiman44 Goto the website of aikiman44     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 8:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-01-24 18:57, aikiman44 wrote:
I'm in NY. The bar room is separated from the den by a 6' by 4' opening in the wall. Are recommendations possible based on this description?

Email me some pics so that we can brainstorm .

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-01-24 10:58 pm   Permalink

I would like to see some pics too. Go through the old creating tiki threads on home bars, and google search "tiki bar"

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation