FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events NW Tiki Crawl 2006 Official Announcement!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
NW Tiki Crawl 2006 Official Announcement!
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-14 4:35 pm   Permalink

MM, we are still hashing out the schedule! Fitting all this into one weekend is tough.

We will have program for full weekenders chock full of info, including a schedule.

I will also post one here as soon as we have it (I expect this weekend).

View Profile of TikiMama Send a personal message to TikiMama  Email TikiMama Goto the website of TikiMama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-14 4:40 pm   Permalink

The new web site is looking killer! I love the little iconic tikis on the front page. Great job guys!

The bus will be a great place to chat, sign up now for a guaranteed designated driver.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-14 10:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-14 12:18, Jungle Trader wrote:
Yes, lets' do what Dancin' Lizard just said. I want to buy him/her a drink dammit.

Taking you up on that!

See you there!

[ This Message was edited by: Dancin' Lizard 2006-06-15 10:29 ]

View Profile of Dancin' Lizard Send a personal message to Dancin' Lizard  Email Dancin' Lizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-15 10:30 am   Permalink

Can we perhaps take the money that has been collected and see if we can rent a couple of large vans for the day? Hertz has to have something that would do.

View Profile of Dancin' Lizard Send a personal message to Dancin' Lizard  Email Dancin' Lizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-15 10:51 am   Permalink

I'm sure TikiMama is planning to reply soon, but just to keep you all in the loop:
A school bus is the most economical chartered option by quite a bit-- a 15-passenger van is over $100 more than a school bus (that seats over 40) for the same amount of time.

As far as renting a van (or two) and having a few designated drivers-- that's a great idea, but we're not sure if that opens up liability issues for us. We'll keep working on it-- but the cheapest & simplest option would be to get a dozen or so more people on the school bus!
http://www.tikikon.com for more information.

View Profile of Kim Send a personal message to Kim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-19 07:27 am   Permalink

bump ditty bump

Im leavin on a jet plane....

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-19 09:07 am   Permalink

Hey Kids! Here is the Official Schedule. Let me know if you have questions. I am still looking for School of Rum bus riders! At the moment, we have 16 people which makes the cost $16.50 a pop. Only 10 more needed! Tour tiki bars in the luxury Blue Bird, just like you had at Band Camp! Avoid nasty DUI charges! Avoid tweakers on the cross-town bus!

Let me know if you have any questions--PM or
heather@nwtiki.com I am looking forward to seeing you all!

Tiki Kon
Friday June 23

7:00pm Kick off party at Castaway Cove
Get your badges and gift bags!

Saturday June 24

2:00pm Meet in front of the Jupiter to
get the bus ($10 if we get ~25 riders)
2:30pm The Alibi
5:00pm The Jasmine Tree
7:00pm Return to The Jupiter
7:00pm Doors open for the evening event! Vendors! Food! Drinks!
7-8:00pm DJ Selector Lopaka
8:15pm Mars Needs Women
9:45pm Lisa and Her Kin
11:00pm DJ Selector Lopaka
1am Jupiter closes

Sunday June 25

11:00am Meet in front of the Jupiter to get the bus
11:30-1:30 Brunch at the Alibi
1:30-7pm The Original NW Tiki Home Bar Tour,
including sneak preview of Thatch

[ This Message was edited by: TikiMama 2006-06-19 09:15 ]

[ This Message was edited by: TikiMama 2006-06-20 11:13 ]

View Profile of TikiMama Send a personal message to TikiMama  Email TikiMama Goto the website of TikiMama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
QueenAlani
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-19 10:27 am   Permalink

Thanks for the schedule! I'm a first-time crawler - are you going to e-mail us directions to Castaway Cove? I have no idea where it's located...

View Profile of QueenAlani Send a personal message to QueenAlani      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-19 12:21 pm   Permalink

Hey All-I have sent out directions to the Castaway Cove Friday night party to the email you registered with (usually the one tied to your Paypal, etc). Let me know if you all have any quesions! heather@nwtiki.com

Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-20 07:53 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-19 09:07, TikiMama wrote:
School of Rum bus riders! At the moment, we have 16 people which makes the cost $16.50 a pop. [ This Message was edited by: TikiMama 2006-06-19 09:15 ]

Personally...I'm in for another $6.50 if you don't make your quota. It's a small price to pay to not have to drink and drive....

...okay, I don't HAVE to drink and drive.... you know what I mean!

seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-20 09:38 am   Permalink

When and where does the vending take place?

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-20 11:00 am   Permalink

Some vendors have opted to set up a baby vending at the Friday night kickoff.

The vending will be available all Saturday evening in the DreamBox (which is right off the Jupiter courtyard).

The DreamBox is also open for vendors if they would like to be open to the public(and Tiki Koners who want more shopping!) all day Sunday, until 8pm.

Seamus--you should have received all that in an email? Let me know if I should send you the info again.

Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-06-22 04:55 am   Permalink

Be sure to check out my post on the great feature story in today's Oregonian on NW Tiki Kon!

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=19994&forum=1

If you're in the area, be sure to pick up a copy of today's paper!

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-22 09:01 am   Permalink

Hey Tiki Kon people-- I have a request!

Could anyone who is staying at the Jupiter Hotel please either PM or email me at kim(nospam)@nwtiki.com (take out the (nospam)!) with your real name (the one you booked under) number of rooms, and dates at the Jupiter? The number of rooms that are booked & counted as part of our block seems a little low, and I want to check that out (we're wondering if people booked & somehow didn't get counted as part of the block).

Thanks in advance!

[ This Message was edited by: Kim 2006-06-22 09:04 ]

View Profile of Kim Send a personal message to Kim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-22 5:57 pm   Permalink

Heading for the airport!! See you all tomorrow night!!! Am sooo excited!!

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation