FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events NW Tiki Crawl 2006 Official Announcement!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )
NW Tiki Crawl 2006 Official Announcement!
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-29 3:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-29 14:01, QueenAlani wrote:
Awesome photos - awesome time. Thanks to everyone for a heck of a fun weekend. I took photos but I'm old school - I'll probably get the prints back tomorrow and I can scan the (any?) good ones.

I'm very green at this - can someone give me a quick tutorial on how to post photos on TC? Thankyouthankyouverymuch.

If you need some webspace, I can help you out, email me through
questions@nwtiki.com
TIKI KON 2012: Ten Year Tour! AUG 3-5, 2012: Portland, OR

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-29 4:03 pm   Permalink

Oh yeah, The Alibi, in my view, is in the same class as La Mariana, The Mai Kai, Trader Vic's and Forbidden Island. High class Tiki joint, for sure. I didn't expect it, but it blew me away. Way to go Larry.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
QueenAlani
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-29 4:47 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much, Tikiwahine and Melintur! You're the best! Now all I need are them there photos...

View Profile of QueenAlani Send a personal message to QueenAlani      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-29 5:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-28 09:31, Kim wrote:

And, Dancin' Lizard, if you decide to sue, you could get a share of NW Tiki LLC's vast resources! As of right now, you could ...uh... owe $200 to the Crawl! Go ahead, sue! It'll mean we can spread the debt out to another person!

Sue for money? Oh that's just vulgar! *wink*wink*nudge*nudge*.

I think we'd go after a few tiki mugs, some decorations, maybe some booze.... and the dog. We want the dog. Budgie would have a lovely home here on the banks of Puget Sound.

View Profile of Dancin' Lizard Send a personal message to Dancin' Lizard  Email Dancin' Lizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-29 7:18 pm   Permalink

GET AWAY FROM THE DOG! You cannot have the Budge. I have a feeling he will be the most photographed attendee of this year's Kon.

View Profile of TikiMama Send a personal message to TikiMama  Email TikiMama Goto the website of TikiMama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-06-29 8:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-28 07:27, Jungle Trader wrote:
hey, had a really good time on da' island of Oregon, beautiful city of Portland. Must see more.

hey where'da go? i was hoping to throw spitwads at you on the hometour bus and talk story! we didnt get much of a chance to gab in the vendor's area (ooh, too hot!)

do come up a bit farther to seattle, you have Ohana here too!

elicia

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bothellbill
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-30 06:00 am   Permalink

My home island is Bothell which is just a bit outside Seattle. I will be at the Seattle Crawl and maybe we can all get together at Trader Vic's. whaddya say?

View Profile of bothellbill Send a personal message to bothellbill  Email bothellbill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-30 2:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-30 06:00, bothellbill wrote:
My home island is Bothell which is just a bit outside Seattle. I will be at the Seattle Crawl and maybe we can all get together at Trader Vic's. whaddya say?

Ohh so you're the organizer of the Seattle Crawl! Let me know when it is and I'll do my best to make it over.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-01 11:14 am   Permalink

Just adding my very belated thanks to all the organizers and vendors for another excellent event.

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bothellbill
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-01 1:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-30 14:04, Tikiwahine wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-06-30 06:00, bothellbill wrote:

Ohh so you're the organizer of the Seattle Crawl! Let me know when it is and I'll do my best to make it over.

No just going to it myself but my bar is too far to be on the tour. Hoping to get some interest in a Trader Vic's visit.

View Profile of bothellbill Send a personal message to bothellbill  Email bothellbill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-02 03:04 am   Permalink

I have never been quite comfortable at the NW Tiki Crawl, but this was the first year I really felt that my life was in danger. Despite many good elements, the escalating levels of bizarre personalities and imminent violence will probably keep me away in the future. I'm posting some notes and photos as a warning to others.

Things started out okay, despite the somewhat exaggerated claims by the sponsors that one of the homes has a "really nice pool."

But it doesn't take long for the weirdos to start coming out of the woodwork:

And as the heat soars to record heights, the mob gets more surly at every stop, surrounding the owners and hosts and forcing them to make ever more powerful drinks:

And just where did that come from?!?!

The patio of the Jupiter Hotel was surrounded with human skulls!

Of course I would have called 911 and reported this to police, but frankly, I was frightened. Yes, I'll admit it, I was completely intimidated by the bizarre people who were running these rituals.

Late Saturday night was when it really got ugly, with deranged men attacking an ice sculpture in an frenzied attempt to get rum!

Perhaps the most disturbing thing of all is how the natives seem to take it all in stride -- as if nothing unusual is happening.

I certainly won't be going back any time soon to the horror-ridden place called Stump Town and its weird and violent inhabitants. I'm just happy I made it back to Seattle this time -- and even 200 miles away, I'm double-checking the locks on my doors.

[ This Message was edited by: monkeyskull 2006-07-02 03:24 ]

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BettyBleu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-02 8:13 pm   Permalink

A belated note of thanks to all!! It was a wonderful time!!

View Profile of BettyBleu Send a personal message to BettyBleu  Email BettyBleu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-03 09:31 am   Permalink

Thanks again to the event organizers for a job well done, and to Elicia for the ride n' room, to Sandra for the lovely island tour, to all of the home bar hosts for the hospitality, and to Monkeyman for the room rum hook up.

Selector Lopaka with something tasty.

Yvone was a newbie to Tiki when she came to the event with some work friends. I think we showed her the true way over the course of the weekend. She won the chair she's sitting in during the raffle. Rum drinks and free chairs. Can't beat it.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
QueenAlani
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-04 2:50 pm   Permalink

OK kids, I'm still figuring things out, but here are the "greatest hits" of the photos I took. I know - they probably should have been larger. If anyone wants hi-res copies of any of them, drop me a message at smurfette@mindspring.com and let me know what you want and I can e-mail photos to you. Thanks again for a great time, and thanks again Tikiwahine for your kind instructions!

Friday night kick-off at Castaway Cove:

Saturday night party at the Jupiter Hotel:

Sunday - brunch at The Alibi and home bar bus tour!

View Profile of QueenAlani Send a personal message to QueenAlani      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-12 6:25 pm   Permalink

Yes Yes Yes, this years Tiki-Kon was freakin fantastic - except for no air conditioning in the vending ward, but who woulda guessed we'd need that in June in Portland?
A huge thanks to all the organizers for above and beyond efforts. The Jupiter turned out to be a great venue, and the weather was unbelievable.
Jauna and I had a great time, and can't wait for next year!
Thanks everyone!!!

Here's some pictures I found on Jaunas camera.
Sorry for the delay. We're still moving and settling in.

TikisbySeamus.com

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation