FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events NW Tiki Crawl 2006 Official Announcement!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
NW Tiki Crawl 2006 Official Announcement!
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-06 4:56 pm   Permalink

Jeff and I hit a great breakfast spot close to the Jupitor, it can seat many, has a great menu and big portions. Also, it has all sorts of quilts on display and a big separate(blocked off) room for kids to play in. I think it was called 'Mom's' or something like that?

I also remember hitting a bunch of awesome vintage shops, one had at least three tretchikoffs for sale, and the other had great clothing. Also, we went to a great Mexican joint for lunch, run almost exclusively by lesbians. At night it turns into quite the gay friendly hang-out! I can't remember the name, but I felt that 'The Pink Taco' would have been perfect. It was also quite close to the Jupitor, in a neat shopping district.

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Maori_man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-06 8:56 pm   Permalink

Well the Breakfast place is called Old Wives Tales and is located just up from the Jupiter about 4 blocks or so.

Not to clear on the Lesbian Mexican Joint though............

We are going to be putting together a program that will have a guide to the hipper places around town to catch!

See you all in three and a half weeks!

[ This Message was edited by: Maori_man 2006-06-06 21:04 ]

View Profile of Maori_man Send a personal message to Maori_man  Goto the website of Maori_man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 09:03 am   Permalink

The lesbian taco joint is called Dingo's at 4612 SE Hawthorne Blvd. The Pink Taco would be a great name!

We will have a little guide/map to Portland, there is a lot of great shopping in that neighborhood!

View Profile of TikiMama Send a personal message to TikiMama  Email TikiMama Goto the website of TikiMama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 12:11 pm   Permalink

Man, Portland is cool. I hope they have a place for Moluccan lesbian midgets like me.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 1:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-07 12:11, Jungle Trader wrote:
Man, Portland is cool. I hope they have a place for Moluccan lesbian midgets like me.

Geeze man, where were you when I needed a little person to bartend while wearing a gorilla costume at my wedding?

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-07 3:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-07 12:11, Jungle Trader wrote:

You know, I'll just bet we do.

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-08 3:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-06 20:56, Maori_man wrote:
Well the Breakfast place is called Old Wives Tales and is located just up from the Jupiter about 4 blocks or so.

[ This Message was edited by: Maori_man 2006-06-06 21:04 ]

I looked up Old Wives' Tales and it says it has a play area for kids, was generally overpriced but the food was good and the wait staff was horrible. It's on the 1300 block of Burnside.

Could this be the same place?

View Profile of Dancin' Lizard Send a personal message to Dancin' Lizard  Email Dancin' Lizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-08 4:11 pm   Permalink

That's the place, we had great service and found the prices to be good. The staff was very friendly, the whole place had a very relaxed vibe to it.

Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-08 4:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-06-08 16:11, Tikiwahine wrote:
That's the place, we had great service and found the prices to be good. The staff was very friendly, the whole place had a very relaxed vibe to it.

Yep, that's always been my experience there. Their Hungarian Mushroom soup (we always seem to be having dinner there) is DELICIOUS.

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 08:53 am   Permalink

Hey, Kids! If anyone hasn't let me know if they are planning to be on the School of Rum bus for Saturday's tiki bar crawl, let me know SOON!

I am only going to book the bus if we get enough people (it is a BRIGHT YELLOW school bus, if we get 30 people, it is only $10 a person) so let me know! Only 12 of you have emailed me so far (our of 50 on the full weekend).

This is your chance to re-live your high school years the right way (drunk!). Avoid all the hassle of driving or navigating a public bus (drunk).

View Profile of TikiMama Send a personal message to TikiMama  Email TikiMama Goto the website of TikiMama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-12 9:23 pm   Permalink

Does this mean we're going to be on the 'short bus'? ..... I knew it was bound to happen at some point.

View Profile of Dancin' Lizard Send a personal message to Dancin' Lizard  Email Dancin' Lizard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-13 10:22 am   Permalink

I TRIED to get a short bus (sorry, a "special education bus") but apparently they are not practical for adults, sober or otherwise. So we get a regular schoolbus! Just like band camp!

If I don't get 31 people by June 21 (next Weds) I will have to cancel and you'll all have to WALK! I know you all don't have practical walking shoes!

Dancin' Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-14 09:59 am   Permalink

Can we maybe look into something like a church van? Those huge regular vans that hold about a dozen?

I'd be willing to pay more to secure a bus or van. It's cheaper than a DUI and I'm sick of being the designated driver!

How can we help?

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-14 12:18 pm   Permalink

Yes, lets' do what Dancin' Lizard just said. I want to buy him/her a drink dammit. Or maybe I'll be the designated driver. I did it down here for the Hooptylau, I could do it again for my friends.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-14 4:24 pm   Permalink

sorry if Im blind but I dont see a schedule listed anywhere that shows the actual times of the home crawl, bus pick ups, dinners etc.

What time to things start on Friday and Saturday?

guidance is appreciated.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation