FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Gallery & Bar, Melbourne - Work in progress
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Gallery & Bar, Melbourne - Work in progress
hmc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-03 7:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-02 08:13, freddiefreelance wrote:

Who's Bert? I thought that was Pablus...

Maybe in your country

Bert (Newton) is a bit of an Australian icon on tele.

View Profile of hmc Send a personal message to hmc  Goto the website of hmc     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hmc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-03 7:51 pm   Permalink

Starting to cover the fridge with the bamboo sheet...

I reckon even the inside of the fridge looks better with that bit of bamboo

View Profile of hmc Send a personal message to hmc  Goto the website of hmc     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-04 04:44 am   Permalink

AAAH! A dreaded fleuro light above the fridge! I like the light and airy feel, but have you thought about 'softening' the fleuro light a little? Even a 'yellow' glow from a normal globe could be better than a white sterile fleuro. Just my 2 cents.

Looking good. Bamboo fridge - an interesting meeting of technology and aesthetics

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hmc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-04 6:17 pm   Permalink

And now the thatch is up!

hmc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-04 6:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-04 04:44, hewey wrote:
AAAH! A dreaded fleuro light above the fridge! I like the light and airy feel, but have you thought about 'softening' the fleuro light a little? Even a 'yellow' glow from a normal globe could be better than a white sterile fleuro. Just my 2 cents.

You mean like this photo that's on page one?

None of the fluro lights will be on during the gallery / bar opening hours. We just need to see what we're doin' when we're working on the bar!

hmc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-13 4:30 pm   Permalink

Have finished the menu design!

Hand made cover (I LOVE this fabric!), bamboo look button and leather strap to tie it all together, textured choc brown inner paper, textured cream menu with tiki watermark and bamboo border on the inside.

There were photo / illustrations on the inside (as per traditional Tiki menus) however with this layout it was way too crowded. This menu will be updated constantly (depending on clientele tastes) and I may add the pics again if the menu "grows".

hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-19 05:41 am   Permalink

The menu looks real good. Nice work on that one. Saw similar concept donw with bannana leaves in Vanuatu - but customs dont like em so much so I didnt buy em. Just watch you dont make em so nice people souvenir them.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hmc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 6:20 pm   Permalink

Made a sign to go out on the front of the place:

Not sure what it's like outside of Australia, but as we are licensed to sell alcohol, it is our legal right to refuse entry. And this sign says it all I reckon!

hmc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 6:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-19 05:41, hewey wrote:
Just watch you dont make em so nice people souvenir them.

Yes, I'm afraid of that happening. I was considering making more and selling them... not sure what else to do there....

foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 6:35 pm   Permalink

Geez, nice looking place you have going there. Good looking job on the menu. Will you be supplying your own tiki mugs for your bar? That'd be a nice touch. Don't worry about the menus leaving—watch the mugs. By the way, where's the bar going to go? That gallery will be great looking (not that it isn't already) when you get a bunch of art hung in it. Nice work.

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hmc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 6:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-21 18:35, foamy wrote:
Geez, nice looking place you have going there. Good looking job on the menu. Will you be supplying your own tiki mugs for your bar? That'd be a nice touch. Don't worry about the menus leaving—watch the mugs. By the way, where's the bar going to go? That gallery will be great looking (not that it isn't already) when you get a bunch of art hung in it. Nice work.

Thanks! Yes, I'm working on my own Tiki mugs as we speak (where have you been????) Check out this thread:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=18329&forum=7&65

The actual bar can be seen in this pic (fridge now covered though):

Agree totally with the artwork comment

foamy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 6:49 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I had been following the mug thread, I didn't put 2 and 2 together until I read this last post. I didn't know or, more accurately, suspect, that you were going into a mass production run. How many do you plan on producing?

View Profile of foamy Send a personal message to foamy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hmc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-02-21 7:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-02-21 18:49, foamy wrote:
Yeah, I had been following the mug thread, I didn't put 2 and 2 together until I read this last post. I didn't know or, more accurately, suspect, that you were going into a mass production run. How many do you plan on producing?

Aha! Mystery solved!

I plan on making between 20-30 mugs for the first run. Then the same amount each time I plan to get the hands dirty. 10 litres of ceramic slip will get me approx that amount of mugs...

tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-02-21 9:08 pm   Permalink

Way cool! Great start!

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hmc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-03-04 11:18 pm   Permalink

Here's the finished bamboo door (I mentioned there was going to be something else added):

Seating & tables outside:

And the artwork up on the walls:

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation